I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

May 09, 2017

Color Pencil Techniques-Burnishing

I am sure most of you have a set of colored pencils in your stash.  I got mine after Becky Higgins used them to create titles for her scrapbooks.

Unfortunately they were one of those items destined to gather dust in my studio.  Years later I would pull them out and begin to explore their many possibilities.

I used to think of colored pencils as a single-use color medium.  One that does not offer much in the way of variety.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  

Read on to learn more.


While it is true that colored pencils are not as versatile as other color mediums, they do offer some interesting options.  One of my favorite techniques is burnishing.  Burnishing involves layering and blending until no paper tooth shows through the colored pencil layers.

The video below will walk you through the process.


Want to learn more about colored pencils and how to use them to their fullest potential?  Join me as explore this wonderful color medium.


Later this week I will share step-by-step photos for the art journaling page I have included in this post.  Until then, pull our your colored pencils and start playing.  Good luck and have fun.
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment