I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

May 11, 2017

Color Pencil Projects



Earlier this week I showed you how to burnish using colored pencils.  It is a fun technique that can help make your images pop.

My finished project for this week's technique is an art journaling page for my happiness journal.

Read on to learn how I created this page. 







Happiness is.....art journaling page.
Any page that includes deli paper and Dylusions stamps is a win in my book. :)  I also added an acrylic skin to this project.  Later in the month I will show how to make acrylic skins.  (You will get to learn from my many mistakes.)

Supplies:

  • Surfaces: Art Journal Page, Card Stock, Watercolor Paper, Deli Paper and Acrylic Skin.
  • Color Mediums: Spray Ink, Inktense Pencils, Black Paint, White Paint, Ink, Sharpies and Colored Pencils.
  • Tools: Stamps (Border & Woman/Dylusions and Text), Stencil and Stencil Brush.
  • Other: Sentiment



Color background with spray ink or stain.
Layer on more ink and spray with water to create drips.  Apply paint through stencil and directly to page with a foam stencil brush.



Highlight stenciled area with Sharpie.

Stamp with border stamp.

Add black paint to white circles.

Print sentiment and add to page.  Highlight with Inktense pencil and blend.

Color border image.
Cut wings from printed deli paper or tissue paper.  



Later acrylic skin onto page.  (More about acrylic skins later this month.)  Layer wings over acrylic skin.

Stamp image onto watercolor paper and burnish with colored pencils.  Layer onto page.

Finished art journaling page.  This page is in my happiness journal.
Want to learn more about colored pencils and how to use them to their fullest potential?  Join me as explore this wonderful color medium.



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment