I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

April 30, 2017

Leaning to Let Go-April Quote of the Month



Learning to let go of control is an important aspect of the artist process.  The more one controls the harder it is for creativity to flow.  But that does not keep us from trying. 😉

This month's quote focuses on the need to let go.

"You must learn to let go.  Release the stress.  You were never in control anyway."

Read on to learn how I created this month's project.






April Quote of the Month
This was a fun project to make.  Anytime I can pull out my Big Book of Backgrounds and Crazy Cats I know it is going to be a good day. :)

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Background, Deli Paper, Watercolor Paper and Card Stock
  • Color Mediums: Color Pencils, Inktense Pencils, Ink, Distressed Crayons, Black Paint  and Black Pen
  • Tools: Stamps (Tim Holtz/Crazy Cats and Dylusions/Leaves) and Die (Crazy Cats)

Cut or create background.  Check out my Big Book of Backgrounds posts to learn more.

Highlight edges with blue and black ink.

Stamp leaves, color with color pencils and burnish.

Outline background with black pen.

Cover background with Deli paper.  I had already printed on this deli paper during one of my Gelli Plate sessions.  I also stamped on it with my very favorite text stamp.  No project is complete without a little text on it. :)


Stamp and color cat image.  Cut out with die and adhere to background.  Outline with Inktense pencil and blend.

Apply color using Inktense pencils to background and blend.

Highlight edges with black Distress Crayon.

Apply paint to background.

Print quote and add to tag.


Want to learn more about colored pencils and how to use them to their fullest potential?  Join me as explore this wonderful color medium.



Thanks for stopping by, it means the world to me.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment