As promised here are my PanPastel completed projects.
And now my fears have been realized. Read on to learn more.
PanPastels: Art Journaling Page
For years, I have resisted the super hot trend of art journaling. I put up the best of defenses. But alas, I have failed. And I am pretty damn happy about it. What fun it was to complete my first art journaling page. You may wonder why I was so resistant. Cuz' I did not want to add something new to my creative world. I only have so much creative time, so I need to be careful how I use it. But I am now officially hooked. No looking back now. :)
- Art Journal Background Page. Check out this post to see how I made the background.
- Surfaces: Card Stock and Prints
- Tools: Dies (Doily and Heart) and Text Stamp
- Color Mediums: Chalk, Watercolor Markers (Green and Purple), Black Ink, Black Sharpie Pen, Watercolor Pencil (Grey) and Inktense Pencil (Black)
- Other: Water Brush
|Watercolor background. Check out this post for full details.|
|Use text stamp with black ink on both sides of the page. Creative Rule #2-Always Use a Little Black|
|Add die cuts to background. Check out this post for creating the die-cuts.|
|Outline page with black Sharpie.|
|Draw circles using watercolor markers. Blend with water brush.|
|Add sentiment to background. Outline with watercolor pencil and blend with water brush.|
Project #2: Mixed Media Tag
- Surfaces: Tag, Pattern Paper and Card Stock
- Tools: Dies (Background and Flower) and Stamps (Background and Border)
- Color Medium: PanPastels, Black Ink, Brown Ink, Black Distressed Crayon and Blue Ink
- Other: Sentiment (Tim Holtz), Versamark Ink, Ribbon, Pearls and Rhinestones
|Create background. Stamp background image with Versamark Ink and apply PanPastels to reveal image. Edge with black crayon and blend. Spray with aging ink. Add trim.|
|Stamp border image with black ink.|
|Stamp splatter image with brown ink.|
|Cut background die cut from watercolor print and pattern paper. Layer onto tag.|
|Cut flower die, layer onto tag. Add rhinestones.|
|Color sentiment with blue ink and add to tag.|
|Add ribbon and pearls.|
Interested in learning more?If you would like to learn more about the watercolor background I used on this project, check out this blog post.
If you would like to learn more about PanPastels. Check out the class below.