I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

March 27, 2017

Exporing PanPastels, Part 2-Projects



As promised here are my PanPastel completed projects.

And now my fears have been realized.  Read on to learn more.





PanPastels: Art Journaling Page
For years, I have resisted the super hot trend of art journaling.  I put up the best of defenses.  But alas, I have failed.  And I am pretty damn happy about it.  What fun it was to complete my first art journaling page.  You may wonder why I was so resistant.  Cuz' I did not want to add something new to my creative world.  I only have so much creative time, so I need to be careful how I use it.  But I am now officially hooked.  No looking back now. :)

Supplies:
  • Art Journal Background Page.  Check out this post to see how I made the background.
  • Surfaces: Card Stock and Prints
  • Tools: Dies (Doily and Heart) and Text Stamp
  • Color Mediums: Chalk, Watercolor Markers (Green and Purple), Black Ink, Black Sharpie Pen, Watercolor Pencil (Grey) and Inktense Pencil (Black) 
  • Other: Water Brush

Watercolor background.  Check out this post for full details.

Use text stamp with black ink on both sides of the page.  Creative Rule #2-Always Use a Little Black

Add die cuts to background.  Check out this post for creating the die-cuts.

Outline page with black Sharpie.

Draw circles using watercolor markers.  Blend with water brush.

Print sentiment.  Color with chalk and outline with black Sharpie.
Sentiment: Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

Add sentiment to background.  Outline with watercolor pencil and blend with water brush.

Cut doily and heart die-cuts.  Highlight with black ink and black Sharpie.  Layer die-cuts onto page.  Add final word from the sentiment.  Outline with Inktense pencil and blend.  (I used an Inktense pencil here due to the fact that I had used paint on the heart.  Inktense pencils work better over paint than watercolor pencils.)

Completed pages.


Project #2: Mixed Media Tag

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Tag, Pattern Paper and Card Stock
  • Tools: Dies (Background and Flower) and Stamps (Background and Border)
  • Color Medium: PanPastels, Black Ink, Brown Ink, Black Distressed Crayon and Blue Ink
  • Other: Sentiment (Tim Holtz), Versamark Ink, Ribbon, Pearls and Rhinestones

Create background.  Stamp background image with Versamark Ink and apply PanPastels to reveal image.  Edge with black crayon and blend.  Spray with aging ink.  Add trim.

Stamp border image with black ink.

Stamp splatter image with brown ink.

Cut background die cut from watercolor print and pattern paper.  Layer onto tag.

Cut flower die, layer onto tag.  Add rhinestones.


Color sentiment with blue ink and add to tag.

Add ribbon and pearls.

Final Projects

Interested in learning more?
If you would like to learn more about the watercolor background I used on this project, check out this blog post.

If you would like to learn more about PanPastels.  Check out the class below.



Happy crafting!
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment