I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

February 27, 2017

Quote of the Month-What will your verse be?



February's quote was: "That you are here, that life exists and identity.  That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.  What will your verse be?"   This quote comes from one of my favorite Walt Whitman poems.

I paired it with the watercolor prints I made last week.  Then I got on a role with the prints and made a piece of tag art.  Can't wait until I can begin playing with the art journal background I made.

Enjoy!









Quote of the Month

Supply List:

  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper and Watercolor Print
  • Tools: Faux Stitching Wheel
  • Stamps: Doll (Prima) and Flourish
  • Color: Ink (Red) Embossing Ink, White Embossing Powder and Black Pen
  • Other: Pop-Dots, Sentiment, Hearts and Rhinestones


Cut background from watercolor print.  Stamp flourish stamp and emboss with white embossing powder.

Add faux stitching.

Stamp female image onto watercolor paper and color image.  Add to background using pop-dots.  Add hearts to flourish.

Print quote.  Highlight with ink and outline with pen.

Finished quote.
Tag Art

Supplies:

  • Supplies: Watercolor Print and Card Stock
  • Tools: Flower Stencil and Stamps (Text, Tag and Clock)
  • Color: Ink (Red and Black), Distressed Crayon (Mermaid Lagoon), Blue Chalk and grey pen.
  • Other: Ribbon, Rhinestone, Pearl, Flower, Sentiment, Clock and Pop-Dots


Once I got started using the watercolor prints, I was on a roll. 


Cut tag from print.  Highlight edges with Distressed Crayon.

Stamp tag with text stamp.

Emboss flower image onto tag using stencil or stamp.

Highlight tag and image with grey pen.

Stamp with clock image.

Stamp and embellish small tag.  Add to larger tag using pop-dots.

Print and add quote.

Finished tag.

Happy Crafting!
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment