February's quote was: "That you are here, that life exists and identity. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?" This quote comes from one of my favorite Walt Whitman poems.
I paired it with the watercolor prints I made last week. Then I got on a role with the prints and made a piece of tag art. Can't wait until I can begin playing with the art journal background I made.
Quote of the Month
- Surfaces: Watercolor Paper and Watercolor Print
- Tools: Faux Stitching Wheel
- Stamps: Doll (Prima) and Flourish
- Color: Ink (Red) Embossing Ink, White Embossing Powder and Black Pen
- Other: Pop-Dots, Sentiment, Hearts and Rhinestones
|Cut background from watercolor print. Stamp flourish stamp and emboss with white embossing powder.|
|Add faux stitching.|
|Stamp female image onto watercolor paper and color image. Add to background using pop-dots. Add hearts to flourish.|
|Print quote. Highlight with ink and outline with pen.|
- Supplies: Watercolor Print and Card Stock
- Tools: Flower Stencil and Stamps (Text, Tag and Clock)
- Color: Ink (Red and Black), Distressed Crayon (Mermaid Lagoon), Blue Chalk and grey pen.
- Other: Ribbon, Rhinestone, Pearl, Flower, Sentiment, Clock and Pop-Dots
|Once I got started using the watercolor prints, I was on a roll.|
|Cut tag from print. Highlight edges with Distressed Crayon.|
|Stamp tag with text stamp.|
|Emboss flower image onto tag using stencil or stamp.|
|Highlight tag and image with grey pen.|
|Stamp with clock image.|
|Stamp and embellish small tag. Add to larger tag using pop-dots.|
|Print and add quote.|