I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

PanPastels

PanPastels
Flash Sale-Enroll Today and Save 60%

January 31, 2017

Each Day is a New Beginning



Last year I purchased an old-style, photo flip album, from Tim Holtz.  My plan was to use it for mixed media pieces.

In keeping with my desire to complete unfinished projects in 2017 I shall start here.

Each month I will share a new piece.  Each will use different products, techniques and include one of my favorite quotes.


Quote of the Month-January
This month's quote is "Every morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most."  

The great thing about art is we can use it to recreate ourselves.  We can use it redefine ourselves.  Create a new vision for ourselves, even before we are ready for that change.  Which makes me wonder....can I really use art to create the life I want?  Maybe that's the best about art, journaling, scrapbooking, etc.  I get to write my story.  In a life where often we feel like we have little control, art allows us to create our story as we see it or as we hope it will be.  So today I begin again.  A new journey begins and I decide.

Supplies:
  • Surfaces:  Watercolor Print, Pattern Paper and Card Stock
  • Tools:  Stamps (Background) and Dies (Flowers and Stems)
  • Color:  Gold Embossing Powder, Ink (Embossing, Blue and Brown), Blue Pen and Inktense Pencil (Grey)
  • Other:  Brads, Quote and Washi Tape

These prints were made using Color Bursts by Ken Oliver.  Click here to learn how to make them. 

Layer paper stencil onto pattern paper background.

Highlight edges with blue ink.

Stamp randomly with background stamp and emboss with gold embossing powder.

Layer washi tape onto project.

Outline edges with blue pen.

Cut out flowers and stems.  Highlight with brown ink.

Layer stems onto background.  Highlight with grey pencil.

Add flowers and brads.

Print quote and layer onto project.

Next month we will continue the journey with a new quote and new color technique.  Sign up for our newsletter so you don't miss next's months project.


Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

2 comments: