I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

November 14, 2016

12 Tags of 2016.....November


I will admit it, I am a sucker for resists and masks.  I love how they allow you to build layers and depth without much bulk.  So I was super excited when I saw the Tim Holtz November tag.

Excited......until I realized that he used rub-ons to created his resist.  UGGGGG!!!!!  I never got caught up in the rub-on craze.  I would rather use a stamp or a sticker any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  (I love that saying.  So glad I found a way to work it in.)

After much digging and searching I did find a handful of rub-ons I thought I could use.  Several of those were no longer usable, but thankfully I did have two or three I could work with.  Whew!  Read on to learn more.



12 Tags of 2016-November
While I am not a huge fan of rub-ons I might treat myself to some from the Tim Holtz collection.  They do look pretty awesome and I love more resist options.

Supplies: 
  • Surfaces: Shipping Tag, Card Stock and Gelli Plate Print
  • Tools: Stamp (Leaf)
  • Color Mediums: Spray Ink (Dylusions), Black Ink (Stazon), Black Pen and Brown Crayon.
  • Other: Embellishments and Rub-Ons



I created this background using the Gelli Plate.  I used it for the first time and shared my results last week. 

Stamp leaf and cut out.

When using your stencils with ink or spray use tags to clean off the extra ink.  You can keep these tags for future projects.....like this one.

Add rub-ons to tag to create a resist.

Apply spray ink and wipe away excess from rub-ons.  Lightly spray with water and daub with paper towel to add texture to spray ink.

Highlight edges with brown Distress Crayon or ink.

Layer cork sentiment onto card stock and outline with black pen. Add leaf and cork sentiment to tag.

Add additional embellishments.
Finished Tag



Don't miss our wonderful fall thank-you sale!

Fall Thank You Sale


Thanks for stopping by.....your support means the world to me.
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment