I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

October 18, 2016

Big Book of Backgrounds.....Halloween Style



There are two colors I feel are essential for all of my projects.  White and black...well, mostly black.  I LOVE the impact I get from using black.  Just a little bit goes a long way.

This week our challenge was to use black.  Seems like a perfect time for Halloween projects.

I pulled out my Big Book of Backgrounds and got messy.  Read on to learn my favorites way to use black.




Supplies:

  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper or Art Journal (I used a Dylusions Art Journal)
  • Color Mediums: Spray Ink (Dylusions) and Black Ink
  • Tools: Background Stamps and Stencils
  • Other: Glitter and Matte Gel

Watch the video below to see exactly how I created my background.



How I use black:

  • Stamping: This is my favorite way to use black on my projects.  In the video I also share my favorite background stamp and how I use it on my backgrounds.
  • Shadows:  Using black and/or grey allows me to add shadows and that can be the difference between a flat element and one that pops off the page.
  • Edging: I am a bit obsessed with using black to edge my tags and ATCs.  Either with black ink or a black pen.  I would say it is a rout, but that implies it's a bad thing.  Oh contraire, I think it is a very good thing. :)


Your Turn
So what's the one thing that makes a project feel complete for you?


Happy crafting and thanks for your support.
Jeri'


2 comments: