There are two colors I feel are essential for all of my projects. White and black...well, mostly black. I LOVE the impact I get from using black. Just a little bit goes a long way.
This week our challenge was to use black. Seems like a perfect time for Halloween projects.
I pulled out my Big Book of Backgrounds and got messy. Read on to learn my favorites way to use black.
- Surfaces: Watercolor Paper or Art Journal (I used a Dylusions Art Journal)
- Color Mediums: Spray Ink (Dylusions) and Black Ink
- Tools: Background Stamps and Stencils
- Other: Glitter and Matte Gel
Watch the video below to see exactly how I created my background.
How I use black:
- Stamping: This is my favorite way to use black on my projects. In the video I also share my favorite background stamp and how I use it on my backgrounds.
- Shadows: Using black and/or grey allows me to add shadows and that can be the difference between a flat element and one that pops off the page.
- Edging: I am a bit obsessed with using black to edge my tags and ATCs. Either with black ink or a black pen. I would say it is a rout, but that implies it's a bad thing. Oh contraire, I think it is a very good thing. :)
So what's the one thing that makes a project feel complete for you?
Happy crafting and thanks for your support.