I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

September 09, 2016

Extraordinary Outcomes....August Tim Holtz Tag Challenge



Today we continue my catch-up posts, this time I am sharing my August tag.  I was so excited to do this tag because I had many of the supplies he used.  (Seriously, I thought I had a lot of Tim Holtz products until I started doing the tags each month...I am so lacking.)

What seemed to be an easy project, did not turn out that way.

Read on to learn more about my tag.

When one lives with an autoimmune disease you have good days and bad days.  You have days when it reminds you that you only think you are in control.  My entire last week was one of those days.

To top it off.....I couldn't find the hexagon die I wanted to use. UGGG!!!!!  I am sure I will find it today, when I don't need it.   Might have been a good day to just stay in bed. :)

While that might have been tempting, I find working on projects and classes a refuge from the other.  They change my focus and help me make the most of even my worst days.  They allow me to give my autoimmune disease the bird. That is why I kept the same sentiment that Tim used on his tag....it fit my mood perfectly.  

Sometimes what seems simple and easy is really extraordinary.  

12 Tags of 2016-August
My design stayed pretty true to the original tag....a first for me.

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Tag (Big Book of Backgrounds), Card Stock and Pattern Paper
  • Tools: Dies (Background/QuickKutz and Flowers/Tm Holtz) and Sewing Machine
  • Color Mediums: Ink (Yellow)
  • Other: Rhinestones, Ribbon and Brad

I keep a book of backgrounds that I often cut up for other project.....I started my August tag with one such tag.

Layer die cuts onto tag.

Cut flower die with black paper and layer onto tag.

Add a little bling to the flower.

Add stitching to tag edges.

Ink sentiment and add to tag.

Add tag topper.

Thanks for stopping by.....I hope you have an extraordinary day.
Jeri'

4 comments:

  1. I really like this tag. The "messy" painty background is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I love making the backgrounds and using them for tags, card and other projects.

      Delete
  2. I like this one especially because ok f the blend of mixed media materials used in making it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete