I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

September 07, 2016

Discovering Home.....Tim Holtz July Tag Challenge


I had hopes for a fun and quiet summer....but alas that was not to be.  So this week I am catching up on my monthly tags, today is July.  You can see the original Tim Holtz July tag here.

As I created this piece I complicated what home means.  This summer we traveled home (the state where we grew up) for a family funeral.  We stayed in my husband's childhood home now owned by my parents (that's a story or another time).  And by the end I was anxious to return to our home in Texas.  Which makes me wonder.....what does the word home mean?

I have lived in 13 different houses.  Some of them felt like home and some of them did not.  So I am not sure 'home is where the heart is is', is correct.  I am pretty sure my heart was in each of those houses.  Yet, some I never connected with.  They were just structures I spent time in.  I can tell you it was NOT the people or the things in the house that made it feel like a home.  So maybe having a 'home' is kinda like failing in love.  You know it when it happens....but it is hard to define why it happens.  Read on for tag details and instructions.

12 Tags of 2016-July/Home
I kept this tag pretty simple.  I was just happy I have a few products similiar to Tim's to complete the tag.  July done....now on to August. :)

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Card Stock and Watercolor Paper
  • Tools: Distressing Tool (Making Memories), Die (Technique Tuesday/Home) and Stamp (Home/Dylusions and Background)
  • Coloring: Black Ink, Embossing Ink, White Embossing Powder, Distress Crayons and Black Pen
  • Other: Sewing Machine, Ribbon, Stapler, Ribbon, Brad, Photo Corners and Metal Accent

Stamp image onto watercolor paper.

Color using Distress Crayons


Cut out house.  Stamp with background stamp and emboss with white embossing powder.  Color with Distress Crayons.

Outline with black pen.

Cut out tag large enough to fit house image.  Distress edges.  Cut out home die.



Cut slot in tag and insert house image, adhere to tag.  Outline 'home' with black pen.  Stitch across bottom with sewing machine.

Embellish as desired.

Add tag top using stapler.


I hope everyone had a wonderful summer and thanks for stopping by,
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment