I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

September 27, 2016

Challenge #27: Favorite Images


I am one who believes challenges are a good thing.  They push you outside your comfort zone and that is where we learn who we really are and see the heights of what we can become.

I love a good challenge.  BUT, I also enjoy the warmth and love of what is comfortable.  An old shirt, or worn blanket, my favorite Sunday meal or funny movie.

This week our challenge is to work with our favorite images.  Read on to learn more about my project.



Challenge #27: Favorite Images-ATC
My favorite images to work with include several that I have been using for a longgggggg time.  They also include two new favorites.  That newness creates a since of energy and happiness to my work.  They push my artistic exploration.  My forever favorites give me a since of comfort and stability.

So what are my favorites?  Hearts, birds, butterflies and people.  People and birds are new to my list of favorites.  I have become fascinated with images of people. So much so I might even learn how to draw them.  Maybe. One day.  But for now I will stick with stamped images, die-cuts and clip art.

Supply List:
  • Surfaces:  Background from Big Book of Backgrounds
  • Coloring Mediums: Intense Pencils, Ink (Blue and Black) and Pens (Black and Blue)
  • Tools: Stencil and Stamp (Dylusions), Heart Border (Tim Holtz) and Bird Stamp
  • Other: Wink of Stella Pen (Clear), Post-It Note tape and Modeling Paste

Create background. My ATC card was cut from my Big Book of Backgrounds.  I love how it gives a since of randomness to my pieces.

Stamp favorite image.

Tape off sections of the image.

Lay stencil over image and apply Modeling Paste through stencil to desired areas.  Remove tape.

Double stamp over the Modeling Paste.  I chose not to line up my stamps perfectly.  This gives it a more artistic feel.

Color desired areas with Inktense pencils.

Highlight colored areas with Wink of Stella pen.  (One of my all time favorite products.)
Embellish and stamp as desired.

Outline card with Sharpie.  (I don't seem to be able to make a single project without outline it.  It is quite an addiction.)

Print, color and add sentiment to ATC.  Outline with black pen.

Finished Card

Truth be told, there are many favorites on this ATC, not just favorite images.  I also use two of my favorite coloring mediums (Inktense Pencils and Wink of Stella Pens) and one of my favorite techniques (outlining my sentiment and the card with a pen).  Plus I used one of my favorite colors, blue.  And the list goes on and on.

Your Turn
So what are your favorite images to work with?

Thanks for stopping by and happy moodling,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment