I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

September 13, 2016

Challenge #25: Favorite Coloring Mediums....Plus a new Background Tutorial

 
Have you ever taken a break (a.k.a. life gets in the way) and then you struggle to find the zone again?  Or do you jump right in?

For me absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I am always full of new ideas and excitement after I take a creative break.

It is sooooooo great to be back. :)  And I have a brand new challenge for you.  During the month of September we will be focusing on our favorites.  This week it is favorite coloring mediums.  Read on to learn which is my favorite.

I spend a lot of time playing and working with coloring mediums and it is hard to pick just one.  Right now my favorite is water-soluble crayons.  You know, Gelatos, Distressed and Primas.  I love them all.

Challenge #25-Favorite Coloring Medium-Big Book of Backgrounds
This week I decided to use my Prima oil pastels to create a new background for my Big Book of Backgrounds.  The finished background is a bit busy and bright, but once I cut it into pieces parts it all comes together.  Check out the finish project at the bottom of this post.

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper, Patter Paper, Card Stock and Die-Cuts
  • Coloring Mediums: Prima Oil Pastels and Black Ink
  • Tools: Stencils and Stamps
  • Other: Modeling Paste and Clear Gesso
For complete details enjoy the video below.....it is totally rocking! :)





What is the point of making the background if you never use it?  I decided to to have a little Halloween fun.  The clock was already part of the background and made a perfect accent piece.  (I totally wanted to say purrrrfect there, but I thought that might be too cheesy.)



If you would like to learn more about making art backgrounds, check out my new workshop Artfully Yours.




Until next week.....Happy Moodlings,
Jeri'

4 comments:

  1. Something is wrong with your video. ...but i love your tag..tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the video does not work correctly for you. It is working fine for me....don't you hate it when that happens. Here is the direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmqBfky7sQ8. Hopefully you can view it on YouTube.

      Delete