I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

September 16, 2016

12 Tags of 2016-September



Whoop Whoop!  I am now caught up with my 12 Tags of 2016.  And once again I did not have most of the products Tim Holtz used.

I almost caved and purchased some Yupo paper.  I still might, but I really wanted to make all the tags with the products I have on hand.

Instead, I focused on the overall design and techniques he used.

Read on to learn more about my September tag.





12 Tags of 2016-September

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Shipping Tag and Glossy Paper
  • Tools: Stamps and Stencils
  • Coloring Mediums: Paint, Alcohol Ink, Black Ink and Sharpie
  • Other: Blending Solution, Photo Corners, Sentiment and Embellishments  
Create background using shipping tag.  Apply two to three colors of paint to craft mat.  Spray with water and drag tag through color.

Cut glossy paper to fit tag.  Color with alcohol ink.  Drip blending solution onto glossy paper to create some texture.

Drip additional color onto paper.  Use blending solution to get color to move around.

Stamp image onto glossy paper.  You will need to use an oil based ink for this step.  I used VersaFine black ink.

Stamp sentiment onto bottom of shipping tag.  Outline tag with Sharpie.

I ended up doing a little stencil work on my image.  Again you will need to use an oil based ink for this step.  Layer image onto tag using photo corners. 

Add the rest of your sentiment and embellishments. 
Now on to October!  It feels so good to be caught up.  At least I can say that about one thing in my life.  It will never happen with scrapbooking, cleaning, laundry, or a hundred other things on my to-do list.  I will take my victories where I can get them. :)

Until next time......Happy Moodling,
Jeri'

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way you poured the AI on and got that drippy splatter look. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete