I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

June 17, 2016

Displaying my Artwork.....Plus my April Tim Holtz Tag



It is time for the April Tim Holtz tag....no wait, it's June.  Hmmmmm.  Well let's pretend it is April.  I said it was my goal this year to complete all 12 tags.  But I never said WHEN I would complete them. :)

Earlier this week I shared my June tag and my struggles with completing this challenge.  While I did enjoy the grungy, vintage look at one time my style has now changed and evolved.

I decided to stop trying to make a round peg fit into a square hole with this tag.  I used the mosaic technique he shared, but went my own way with the rest of the tag and I am much happier with there result.

Read on to see how I created this tag and learn how I display my tags so they continue to inspire me.



April 2016 Tim Holtz Tag

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Pattern Paper, Chipboard Die-Cut and Card Stock
  • Tools: Background Stamp, Brick Stencil and Quilter's Wheel
  • Color: Black Pen, PanPastels, Wink of Stella Pen (Silver), Blue and Black Ink and Gold Embossing Powder.
  • Other: Embossing Ink, Pouring Medium, Light Modeling Paste, Photo Corners and Embellishments.

Cover Chipboard die-cut with Modeling/Molding Paste.  Allow time to dry.  Color with PanPastels, ink or paint.

Add bits of pattern paper to die-cut creating a mosaic effect.  Trim edges.  Allow time to dry.  

Create tag from pattern paper.  Emboss using stencil and gold embossing powder.

Outline tag with black pen.

Cover die-cut with Pouring Medium or other dimensional adhesive.  Click here to read my review of dimensional adhesives.  Allow time to dry.


Cut card stock slightly small than the tag.  Stamp using Versamark ink.  Color with PanPastels.

Layer tags together.

Add faux stitching.

Layer mosaic flower onto tags.

Color wood accent with Wink of Stella pen.

Add embellishments and sentiment.

Add embellishments to flower.

I often wonder what to do with all these little bits of art I create.  I don't send many cards so that is not an option.  And I really don't want to give them up.  They hare always ended up in a box or drawer, which seems like such a waste.  Why create something is you are just going to hide it.

Recently I ran across this open frame at Hobby Lobby and got it for only $10.  Great find!  I added some wire and mini clothes pins......problem solved.  Now they hang above my office desk.  I think I may add the word ART to the top.


I added some twine to the same area to hang other tags, ATCs and photos.  It makes a wonderful grouping.


If you take the time to create from your heart, I encourage you to find a way to display your creations.  Let them inspire you on a daily basis.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.
Jeri'

2 comments: