I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

June 01, 2016

Crafty Challenge #20: Big Book of Backgrounds.....Summer Edition




Hey everyone!  I hope you had fun working with map paper last week.  I thought this week I would stay with a summer theme.

This week your challenge is to work with the color's of summer.  Maybe blue for water or yellow for the sun or green for grass.  The choice is yours.  What colors do YOU think of when you think of summer?

This week I pulled out my Big Book of Backgrounds, some paint, stencils and stamps.  Read on to see what I created.





Crafty Challenge # 20-Colors of Summer
For this this week's challenge I added a new page to my Big Book of Backgrounds.  I use these backgrounds to create tag art and ATCs.  I prefer working on a larger background and then cutting it down to size.  In this episode I will show you how easy it is to create a resist using Vaseline.



Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper (I used the Dylusions Creative Journal. This makes it easy to store my backgrounds.)
  • Color Mediums: Paint (Blue, Burgundy, Orange and Green/Dylusions), Black Ink and White Misting Spray (Dylusions)
  • Tools: Stamps (Text and Bubble) and Stencils (Circle and Hexagon)
  • Other: Vaseline 
Process Video
Learn exactly how I created this background.



Once the paint has dried it is time to have some fun.  I cut out two tags and one ATC.  Now let's see what they become.


Summer ATC and Tag






Your Turn
Want to join the challenge? If you post your work to a blog please add a link below.  We promise to stop by.  You can also post it on our Facebook Group.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment