I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

April 27, 2016

Crafty Challenge #15-What's New?


This week we have super fun challenge for you.  Your challenge is to use that item (or items as the case may be) that entered your craft room/studio last.  

I will admit that I have added quite a few things over the last month.  (I made the mistake of going to Tuesday Morning, which is where I scored the mini die.)  But my favorite purchase has to be the mini stencils from Tim Holtz.  

I LOVE them.  I may end up collecting the whole set.  They are the perfect size and scale for my art work.  I LOVE little projects; ATCs, tags, small canvases, printers' trays and more.  I am in awe of artist who create large pieces.  It just seems too BIG for me.  So I will stick with minis.

I also pulled out a new stamp set from Penny Black and Sugar Crystals from Queen & Co.  Read on to see what I created.



Project Inspiration: ATC Card
The Penny Black stamps just scream SHOPPING.  So I had a little fun with a quote from Sex and The City. Enjoy and be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

This card is part of my Project Inspiration wall.  You can read more about this project here and here

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Card Stock, Pattern Paper and Mixed Media Paper
  • Tools: Die (QuickKutz), Stamp (Penny Black) and Stencil (Tim Holtz)
  • Color Mediums: Ink (Purple, Blue and Black), Distressed Crayons (Black), Embossing Powder (Gold and Clear), Inktense Pencils (Red and Brown), Distressed Marker (Weathered Wood) and Wink of Stella Pens (Clear and Black.)
  • Other: Glazing Medium, Ribbon, Red Sugar (Queen & Co) and Pop Dots

Step One: Cut pattern paper to ATC size, 3.75 x 2.75.  Cut small section with die.


Step Two: Layer pattern paper onto card stock.


Step Three:  Layer stencil onto ATC and color with Distressed Crayon.  Apply additional color to edges of ATC.


Step Four:  Using same stencil apply embossing ink and emboss with gold embossing powder.  I did not cover all of the stencil, just parts.

Step Five: Stamp image onto mixed media paper and color.  I used Inktense pencils.


Step Six:  Apply Glazing Medium (or other liquid adhesive) to dress and add sugar.  Allow time to dry.


Step Seven:  Cut out image.  Highlight with Wink of Stella pens and Distressed Markers.


Step Eight:  Color white card stock with purple ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.  Cut with same die used for background.  Layer pieces onto ATC.


Step Nine:  Add image to ATC using pop-dots.


Step Ten:  Add sentiment to ATC.

Your Turn
What's the last purchase you made and why?  If you post your work to a blog please add a link below.  We promise to stop by.  You can also post it on our Facebook Group.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are super cute. I scored two of them for like 2.00 each. Love Tuesday Morning. :)

      Delete