I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

March 29, 2016

Tuesday Challenge #11-Spray Ink



Hey Crafters!  We are back with a brand new Tuesday Challenge.  This week we decided to get messy and dig out the spray ink.

For this project I wanted to use a spray ink that was highly reactive to water.  This allows me to create a colorful background with tons of dimension without a lot of bulk.

I also pulled out a few stamps, paint and clocks.  These days I am feeling very aware of the passage of time.  That was the spring board for the project this week.

So dig out those bottles and lets get started.
Tuesday Challenge #11: Time ATC
All year long I am creating ATC cards for my Project Inspiration wall.  You can read more about it here.  My quote/sentiment for this week is: Time is our constant companion.....use it wisely.  

This week we are focusing on spray ink.  Sprays inks come in many different styles and brands.  They were hugely popular a few years back.....so I'm betting you have a few in your stash.  You might even have a few old Glimmer Mist bottles that are hopelessly clogged.  At least mine are.  That were my first journey into misting sprays and I as not impressed.  It to me several years to try again.   

In the past few years I have found much love and appreciation for spray ink.  It is a versatile and fun color medium to use.  My favorite brands include, Dylusions, Tim Holtz, Lindy's Stamp Gang and Prima.  (You totally saw the Tim Holtz and Prima brands coming....right?)


Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper
  • Tools: Stamps (Text, Swirls and Clock) and Stencil (Hexagon/Art-C) 
  • Color Mediums: Spray Ink (Dylusions), Paint (White/FolkArt and Orange/Dylusions), Permanent Black Ink, Embossing Ink and Ultra High Black Embossing Powder and Inktense Pencil (Black).
  • Other: Clocks, Brad and Sentiment/Quote

Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions for this background and ATC.




Interesting in learning more about spray ink?
Plus, if you sign up for my spray ink workshop by March 31st, you will be able to take our newest workshop, Embossing Essentials, for FREE.  You can learn more about ultra high embossing powders and all of the fun techniques you can use them for. :)


Your Turn
So what is our favorite spray ink technique?  Your fellow readers would love to know.  To join us for the Tuesday Challenge you can post a link to your work below or join our Facebook group.  We promise to leave you some love!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment