Join Shirley as she explores the wonderful world of Gesso. Enroll today and save $5, plus you will receive a FREE seat to Embossing Essentials.
Sure, you’ve heard of gesso. You may have even used it once or twice before. But could you say you would never craft without it? Are you really familiar with the unique properties of this acrylic medium? It can do so much more than prime a surface.
Gesso is an essential product that should be in in every crafter’s tool kit. But unless we understand the characteristics of gesso and how to use them to our advantage, we can end up with just another jar on the shelf. :-( Never fear, this class will help keep that from happening!
In this workshop, students will learn the basic properties of gesso, the differences between the types available, and how gesso affects different coloring mediums. Finally, it’s all about techniques. The techniques shown are grouped by the specific attributes of gesso. This will allow students to grasp how, why, and when to use it in their art. Come join us to learn how to use gesso’s properties to your advantage. By the end you will agree that gesso is an essential multi-tasking medium.
By the end of the workshop students will:
- Have a clear understanding what gesso is and how to use it.
- Learn the differences between each type of gesso.
- Test gesso using a variety of surfaces and applicators.
- Understand how paint and other color mediums react with gesso.
- Learn how to prep your surfaces with gesso before beginning your projects.
- Learn 10 techniques utilizing the properties of gesso.
- Create a canvas or art journal page using many of the techniques learned.
- Lesson One: What is gesso? What are the different types available? When or why might I want one over the other? Priming, Coloring, and Experimenting
- Lesson Two: 10 techniques, Create a canvas or art journal project using techniques learned
Course Length: 2 HUGE Lessons/2 Weeks
Course Start Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Classroom Includes: Videos, PDF Tutorials, Forum and Gallery.