I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

March 31, 2016

Fun with Crazy Cats




The Tim Holtz Crazy Cats have finally found a home in my studio.  They came the same day a new set of planner stamps arrived.

I was instantly inspired!  The cats look more frazzled to me than crazy.  I am sure like me, you are sometimes overwhelmed by your schedule.  I don't know how it even happens.  I try not to pack our lives with events, but they seem to find there way onto our calendar without me noticing.  I think they may be multiplying in my sleep.  UGGGGG!

That overwhelmed feeling was the springboard for this ATC.  Read on for instructions.


Save Me-ATC Card

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper and Card Stock
  • Stamps: Cat (Tim Holtz), Planner Icons (Bo Bunny), Alpha (Lawn Fawn)
  • Color Mediums: PanPastels, Black Pen, Versamark Ink, Embossing Ink and Black Embossing Powder.
  • Other: Glazing Medium, Pop-Dots and Pouring Medium


Step One: Stamp cat image and emboss with black embossing powder.


Step Two:  Mask cat image.  Stamp planner icons using Versamark ink.  Apply PanPastels to reveal images.


Step Three:  Outline cat and edge ATC with black PanPastels


Step Four: Color cat with blue and orange PanPastels


Step Five: Apply Glazing Medium to seal ATC.


Step Six: Outline with black pen.


Step Seven: Stamp sentiment onto card stock.  Color with PanPastels and outline with black pen.  Adhere to ATC with pop-dots.


Step Eight: Add Pouring Medium or other dimensional adhesive to sentiment.

Final ATC

Look for more crazy cat ATCs in the future.  They seem to perfectly fit my world right now. :)
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment