I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

February 10, 2016

Project Inspiration: Heart ATC



What do you get when you combine our Tuesday Challenge, Project Inspiration and Use Every Stamp?  A lot of crafty fun!

I wanted to spend a little time in the studio, just playing.  That is the reason for Project Inspiration, creating just for me.  I used our red challenge as a starting point.

I also was inspired by the challenge blog As You See It.  Their sketch became the base of my ATC card.  Read on to learn more.







Project Inspiration: Heart ATC
The base of the ATC are heart embossed hearts and layers of spray ink.

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Mixed Media Paper
  • Tools: Stamps (Hearts/Tim Holtz and Text Background Stamp)
  • Color Mediums: Spray Ink (Orange, Blue, White and Red/Dylusions), White Pen, White Embossing Powder and  Embossing Ink.
  • Other: Paper Arrow, Pouring Medium, Sentiment Stickers, Key, Washi Tape and Flower

Stamp and emboss hearts.  Spray ink on to work surface and drag ATC through ink.


Add Washi Tape to ATC.


Add flower to ATC.


Color arrow with red spray ink.  Stamp arrow with text stamp using embossing ink.  Dust with white embossing powder and heat set.  Outline arrow with white embossing pen.


Outline ATC with white pen.  Cover arrow with Pouring Medium and set key.  Allow time to dry.  Add arrow to ATC.   


Add sentiment.....enjoy!

Since I had the spray ink out it seems a waste not to make a few more backgrounds.  So I pulled out some unloved stamps and stencils and created four more ATC backgrounds.






Not sure what these will become, but I had a blast using my supplies and spending some much needed play time in my studio.

Challenges Entered:



Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

7 comments:

  1. Yay for you on entering the challenge. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it was a fun card to make.

      Delete
  2. What a great mixed media ATC! I love all the creative elements you included! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...loved the sketch you shared. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you entered an ATC! It is always amazing to see what people do with different sizes than a typical A2 card! What a masterpiece you've created in such a small space! I also love the technique you did with rippling the washi tape - I'll be trying that soon! Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge this week. I hope you'll join us next week! A new challenge posts tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete