I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

February 26, 2016

Fly By Friday-Turning the Page


Hey everyone.....just a quick fly by post.  The starting point for my ATCs come from many places.  Sometimes I want to highlight a tool or technique.  Sometimes it is for a special holiday or event.  And sometimes it is for a class sample.

Lately I have been finding my inspiration from another source.  Read on to learn more.




Turning the Page ATC
As parents we all have those moments when we feel like something as changed....that we are moving into a new stage.  That was how I was feeling when I sat down to create this card.  My son is 13 and I am really conscious of how much he has been changing lately.  That was the inspiration for this ATC.

In years past I may have created a scrapbook page to express how I was feeling.  (While I still scrapbook, it is mostly to document events.)  I am finding more and more that my inner most feelings are making their way into my art.  And as Martha would say......that's a good thing.

Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Pattern Paper and Card Stock
  • Tools: Stamps (Heart/Unknown and ATC Background/Tim Holtz) and Heat Gun.
  • Coloring Mediums: Ink (Embossing Ink/Clear and Black, Black Ink and Red Ink), Embossing Powders (Black, Brick and Silver) Black Pen and Intense Pencils.
  • Other: Gears, Flowers, Hearts, Fibers, Brads, Floss and Sentiment

Step One: ATC Background.
 I love these stacks by Prima for ATCs.  Now if I would just stop collecting them. :)


Step Two: Stamp and emboss background.
I used an embossing powder made from clear embossing powder and silver Perfect Pearls.  It is a much more subtle look.


Step Three:  Outline numbers with Inktense Pencil


Step Four:  Add some fibers to soften the card a bit.


Step Five: Stamp and emboss heart and cut out.


Step Six: Embellish heart with gears, brads and floss.  Layer onto ATC using pop-dots.


Step Seven: Add arrow and flower to heart.


Step Eight:  Print sentiment.  Outline with black pen and ink.  Add to ATC.


Finished ATC.

Challenges Entered:
I hope everyone has a very crafty weekend.  And that you find the space to add a little of yourself to your art.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

13 comments:

  1. Amazing project!! Thanks so much for playing along at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin....it was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  2. Love how you stamped over top of that dainty paper! The red stitching "makes" it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The combo of clear embossing powder and Perfect Pearls makes a great overlay.

      Delete
  3. Wow,wow, wow! Stunning ATC card! I love all the wonderful details. Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at CE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ATC! LOVE your awesome background details and gorgeous layers! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments February Challenge! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful!! So many great details. Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous embossing and love the wonderful gears on your ATC, thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie....it was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  7. oh that is so cool looking! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments

    ReplyDelete