Hey everyone.....just a quick fly by post. The starting point for my ATCs come from many places. Sometimes I want to highlight a tool or technique. Sometimes it is for a special holiday or event. And sometimes it is for a class sample.
Lately I have been finding my inspiration from another source. Read on to learn more.
Turning the Page ATC
As parents we all have those moments when we feel like something as changed....that we are moving into a new stage. That was how I was feeling when I sat down to create this card. My son is 13 and I am really conscious of how much he has been changing lately. That was the inspiration for this ATC.
In years past I may have created a scrapbook page to express how I was feeling. (While I still scrapbook, it is mostly to document events.) I am finding more and more that my inner most feelings are making their way into my art. And as Martha would say......that's a good thing.
- Surfaces: Pattern Paper and Card Stock
- Tools: Stamps (Heart/Unknown and ATC Background/Tim Holtz) and Heat Gun.
- Coloring Mediums: Ink (Embossing Ink/Clear and Black, Black Ink and Red Ink), Embossing Powders (Black, Brick and Silver) Black Pen and Intense Pencils.
- Other: Gears, Flowers, Hearts, Fibers, Brads, Floss and Sentiment
Step One: ATC Background.
I love these stacks by Prima for ATCs. Now if I would just stop collecting them. :)
Step Two: Stamp and emboss background.
I used an embossing powder made from clear embossing powder and silver Perfect Pearls. It is a much more subtle look.
Step Three: Outline numbers with Inktense Pencil
Step Four: Add some fibers to soften the card a bit.
Step Five: Stamp and emboss heart and cut out.
Step Six: Embellish heart with gears, brads and floss. Layer onto ATC using pop-dots.
Step Seven: Add arrow and flower to heart.
Step Eight: Print sentiment. Outline with black pen and ink. Add to ATC.
- The Artistic Stamper-February HeART Challenge
- A Vintage Journey-February Industrial Challenge
- Creative Embellishments-February Challenge
Thanks for stopping by,