I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

January 29, 2016

Friday Fly By.....A Sad Goodby to BasicGrey

I was so sad to learn yesterday that BasicGrey would be leaving the paper crafting industry.

Their early lines are some of my all time favorites.  Lime Rickety, Mellow, Vagabond and more.  But Periphery is my all time favorite....I may need to start hording it now. :)

I decided it was only right to pay a little homage to one of my favorite paper crafting companies.






Friday Fly By-ATC Card
Shirley and I decided we wanted a space to add a little inspiration without a ton of to do.....or text for that matter. Just keep it simple.  Friday seem like the perfect day for sharing little bits and pieces of our creative lives.



Supplies:

  • Surfaces: Pattern Paper (BasicGrey)
  • Tools: Letter and Honeycomb Stencils, Palette Knife, and Heart Punch
  • Coloring Mediums: Red Paint, White Stain, Black Ink, Grey Ink and Black Intense Pencil.
  • Other: Iridescent Medium, Washi Tape and Glossy Accents
I hope everyone has a very crafty weekend.
Jeri'

3 comments:

  1. I know! What a sad day in paper crafting history. I have probably a dozen BasicGrey paper packs still. Oldest ones are Vagabond, Boxer...can't remember the others off the top of my head. I have hoarded them! ;-) Pyrus, Marjolaine, Sultry, Two Scoops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I won the prize you sponsored at Scrapbook Blessings Club in December. I contacted Sandy on January 9 and she said she passed my name and email along to Shirley, but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I would be grateful to know how to proceed with prize fulfillment. Thanks so much for your sponsorship! I'm excited about winning a class! fitkitty1@gmail.com

    Sorry to read about BasicGrey - they will definitely be missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen,
      I think that was the email from Sandy I misunderstood. Oops! I'm emailing you separately to get you in your free class. Thanks for being patient with me. :-)
      Shirley

      Delete