I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

January 22, 2016

12 Tags of 2016......January.


Everyday Moodlings-Tim Holtz January Tag


As I shared yesterday, one of my creative goals was to complete all of the Tim Holtz tags for 2106.  This is my take on his January tag.  Read on for complete instructions.


Tim's tag was black and white, but I was soooooo not feeling that color combination.  As I have mentioned before, I often break down an inspiring piece into its components: color combination, composition, theme, techniques and supplies.  Then I pick and choose which components I use.  For this tag I used composition, theme, supplies and techniques.


Everyday Moodlings-Tim Holtz January Tag


Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Shipping tag, card stock, metal sheet.
  • Tools: Embossing folder and sanding block.
  • Coloring Mediums: Paint (Tim Holtz-Citron Twist), Ink (Tim Holtz-Salty Ocean), black ink, white pen, embossing ink and white embossing powder.
  • Stamps:  Tim Holtz
  • Other:  Ribbon, fibers, Wink of Stella pens (Clear and Silver), Glossy Accents, pouring medium, charm, safety pin and pop-dots.

Basic Steps:
(Be sure to watch the video for more detail.)
  1. Adhere metal to shipping tag and emboss with embossing folder.
  2. Color tag with paint and allow time to dry.  Sand to reveal metal.
  3. Stamp image on card stock using embossing ink and white embossing powder. Color with Wink of Stella pens. Outline with white pen.  Adhere to tag using pop-dots.
  4. Stamp frame and sentiment onto card stock using black ink.  Cut out and adhere to tag.  Cover with pouring medium and allow time to dry.
  5. Add ribbon and fibers to tag.  Add charm with safety pin.




Interested in learning more about the dimensional adhesives I used in the video?  Check out my review of dimensional adhesives. 

Want more inspiration?

Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below to receive exclusive content.  Best of all....it will come right to your inbox. :)




Happy Crafting,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment