Hello, crafty friends! Shirley Pando here with an easy way to create your own glittered glass ball ornaments. Give these beauties to friends and family this holiday season. Yours is sure to be their favorite gift.
Check out the instructions and video below.
DIY Glittered Glass Ornaments
- Clear glass ball ornaments with detachable metal cap and hanger loop, any size - LIKE THESE
- Pledge with Future Premium Floor Finish
- FINE glitter, any color - like Martha Stewart, Art Institute, Stampin’ Up, etc.
- Empty egg carton for drying ornaments
- Nonstick craft sheet or covering to protect table
- Paper towels
- Gloves to protect hands, optional
- Ribbon or other embellishments, optional
- Remove the metal cap and wire hanger from the glass ornament.
- Squirt a little of the Future Floor Finish in the glass ornament. Swirl it to get the liquid around the entire inner surface. This is an important step as the glitter will stick to it.
- Pour out the excess liquid into a paper cup and use for the next ornament.
- Pour glitter into the wet ornament and swirl to distribute the glitter to the entire inner surface. Save glitter for another ornament.
- Let ornament dry upside down in an empty egg carton.
- Re-attach the metal pieces and add a ribbon hanger, if desired!
Want more inspiration?
Subscribe below and we will send you this week's newsletter and video. Best of all....it will come right to your inbox. :)
Are you ready for the holidays? I think they are coming whether we are ready or not! ;-)