I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

December 01, 2015

Project Inspiration: 7 Ways to Add a Hint of Gold!

Project Inspiration: Gold
Hey crafters! Shirley Pando here for another dose of Project Inspiration. What's up for this month? Jeri says the month of December is all about anything we haven't already covered up to this point in the year. OK, so that means it's my choice! ;-)

My choice for this week's Project Inspiration is to take a look at the trend of GOLD. I believe the trend started well before 2015, but it seems still strong as is evident of the many places you can see traces of lovely gold accents - from home decor to card making to clothing to party themes. While I try to personally NOT move along with the trends...because it usually means you HAVE to buy something new :-( ...a little bit of gold here and there ever hurt anybody and it can certainly make a wonderful statement.

There are several inexpensive ways that you, too, can hop on the gold trend bandwagon. Check out some of the ways I've found to use a hint of gold in my crafting.




Gold Letter Stickers

Got gold stickers? This ornament looks absolutely stunning! And I'm sure it's easy as pie to make one for all your family and friends. Enabler alert! There's loads of gold stickers to choose from on Amazon! Well, what if you've vowed, like me, not to purchase anything new...within reason, of course! ;-) Keep reading to see how I rectify that dilemma to create my own gold stickers.


Gold Contact Paper
Contact Paper in gold for drawer liners? You bet ya! This pattern is lovely!  Here's another look at gold Contact Paper for your home. They look like solid gold bricks!



Gold Spray Paint
Take your pick, glossy or matte, gold spray paint is hard to beat for ease of use and easy on your wallet! Just make sure to use this product outside to avoid the toxic fumes. I'm loving these spray painted leaves, magnetic letters, and picture frames found on Pinterest.

What if you want gold chipboard letters, but don't have the right color? Spray paint them, of course! And while you're at it, take your art journal outside, too, and add some spray paint to an "unfinished" page like I did, below.

Before spray paint
art journal pages

After spray paint
Art Journal pages with spray painted leaves
The closer you hold the can to the page and the more you depress the nozzle, the darker the color the paint will be. Lightly spray to get a hazy look. Play around with it to see which look you like. Did I use a stencil to get the spray painted leaves on the page? Not exactly...just some left over cardstock that I used to punch out die cuts. Practically nothing goes unused in my house!


Gold Sharpie Marker
Don't hate your handwriting! A gold Sharpie marker can do wonders for even the most humble item as you can see here on this journal and wrapping paper. (LOVE!)

I have loads of letter stickers, so when I wanted gold stickers, I brought out my gold Sharpie!
Color stickers with gold Sharpie

Project #1: Be Merry Tag

Be Merry tag
Supplies:
Chipboard tag (cut from Cricut), Card stock (Bazzill), Transparency (Webster's Pages), Stickers (October Afternoon), Sharpie Marker (Gold), Rubon (Melissa Frances), Ribbon


Gold Heat Embossing
If you are a stamper you most likely already have gold embossing powder. If not, it is most definitely something you may want to add to your shopping list!


Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
One of my favorite "gold" tools is my Krylon Gold Leafing Pen. Color your die cuts to be smothered in gold! 


Project #2: Angel Card

Angel Card

Supplies:
Folded card base (Kraft), patterned paper, Die Cut (Anna Griffin), Krylon Gold Leafing Pen, Stamp, Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint (Martha Stewart), Ribbon, Angel image (recycled from last year's Christmas card!)


Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint
Most crafters may already have some metallic gold paint in their stash. Take a look through your paint drawer/box/bin and see. If not, you can easily find it in any craft store or online. Use it for stamping like I did in the card above, or try painting your own wrapping paper.

There are so many ways you can add gold to your crafting. We haven't even talked about shimmer sprays, rick rack and trims, glitter glue, micro beads, glitter, gold thread, or gold Calligraphy ink. Oh my!


There's a Video? You Bet Ya!

Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below and we will send you this week's process video.  Find out exactly how we made this week's projects.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)



Your Turn
Are you all about the gold trend? What is your favorite way to add gold to your crafting, home, wardrobe, etc?

Thanks for stopping by,
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. These are all such great ideas! The best part is that I have most of the supplies already - I'll be on the lookout for the gold contact paper! I'm looking forward to using them in new and different ways. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! I'm happy to inspire. I, too, love that gold contact paper!
      Enjoy the holidays!

      Delete
  2. Love the gold Sharpie idea. I also have a sliver Sharpie. I will have to try that tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these great ideas for adding gold! Painting those letters and that diecut were a real eye opener for me!

    ReplyDelete