I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

December 18, 2015

Canvas Christmas Tag


HO, HO, HO!  I am busy working on Christmas projects....who isn't right now.  This tag was inspired by the Tim Holtz December tag.  I was only able to complete of couple of his tags this year, but I really enjoyed the challenge.

When I first looked at the tag I know I did not have most of the supplies.....hard to imagine.  I actually like it when that happens, it pushes my creativity.  I decided there were three things I wanted to take from his tag: layout, theme and texture.

I knew I wanted to a Christmas/Holiday tag and I loved the use of canvas/burlap to create texture.  My tip for you?  If something inspires you, but you can replicate it, deconstruct it and use the pieces and parts.  Read on for instructions and see a second tag I created.





December Tag for 12 Tags of 2015 (Tim Holtz)
Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Shipping Tag, Canvas and Card Stock
  • Stamps: Sentiment (Dylusions) and Bird (Dina Wakley)
  • Color Mediums: Spray Stain and Blue Ink (Distressed-Tim Holtz) and Black Ink (Versafine)
  • Tools: Flower die (Paper Artist), Snowflake Stencil (Dylusions) and Sewing Machine
  • Other: Washi Tape, Pop-Dots, Glossy Accents, White Glitter, Pearl and Enamel Dot
Step One:  Glue canvas to shipping tag and trim.  
Lay stencil on tag and spray with misting spray.

Step Two: Lay paper onto stencil to get second print.  
Remove stencil and clean.  You can see what I did with the second print at the bottom of the post.

Step Three:  Ink edges of tag.


Step Four: Stamp bird and hat image onto card stock and cut out.

Step Five: Stitch around tag if desired.

Step Six: Add washi tape.

Step Seven: Adhere bird to tag using pop-dots.  Add enamel dot to hat.

Step Eight: Cut out flower, adhere to hat.  Add Glossy Accents to flower.

Step Nine: Sprinkle white glitter onto flower.  Once dry, brush away extra glitter.

Step Ten: Stamp and cut out sentiment.  Add to tag.

Step Eleven: Add Glossy Accents to sentiment.

HO HO HO Canvas Tag




Christmas Tree Tag
This is the tag I made from the second stencil print.  So don't waste that ink when you use a stencil. :)


Challenges entered:



Happy Crafting!
Jeri'

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that ruffle made of Washi tape. Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that ruffle made of Washi tape. Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete