I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

October 27, 2015

Project Inspiration: Outline Stamps


Everyday Moodlings-Inktense Pencils


I will be the first to admit that I was slow to join the coloring fun. It wasn't due to lack of supplies and inspiration.  There are some amazing color artists online.  It just never appealed to me.  But that did not keep me from purchasing supplies.  Oh no...it did not.

I acquired colored pencils, watercolor pencils, Inktense pencils, markers, Twinking H2Os and more.  (At least I was able to hold off on Copic markers.  In fact, I still have not purchase a set of alcohol markers.)  Am I still limiting my coloring joy?  Read on to find out. 





Over time, as I moved from scrapbooking to card making to mixed media and more, I started to explore coloring more.  And it started to grow on me and grow and grow and grow.  While I still have a more to learn, I enjoy my coloring time. I love that I can customize my images to meet my needs.   And I have started to develop a serious addiction to adult coloring books. :)

Project Inspiration: Color ATC
For my ATC (Artist Trading Card) this week I broke out the Inktense Pencils from Derwent.  They are one of my favorite coloring mediums. (Find a list of my top five coloring mediums below.)  I used a Tombow Blending Pen to activate the color.  

Everyday Moodlings-Inktense Pencils


Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Watercolor Paper 
  • Stamps: Flowers (Dylusions) and Letters (Kelly Purkey)
  • Color Mediums: Inktense Pencils (Derwent) and Black Ink (StazOn)
  • Tools: Circle Punch
  • Other: Washi Tape, Pop-Dots, Pouring Medium, Dew Drops and Masking Material

Steps:
  1. Create a least four masks from flower stamp.  I used Post-It Note paper.
  2. Stamp flower image on watercolor paper.  Mask images and stamp again.  Remove masking material.
  3. Color flowers with Inktense pencils.
  4. Stamp letters onto watercolor paper.
  5. Color letters with Inktense pencils and punch out with circle punch.
  6. Add washi tape to flower background.
  7. Add letters to background using pop-dots.
  8. Apply Pouring Medium to letters and allow time to dry.

There's a Video? You Bet Ya!
Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below and we will send you this week's process video.  Find out exactly how we made this week's projects.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)


Favorite Coloring Mediums
I have many coloring mediums in my stash....so what are my favorites?  Here are my top five coloring mediums:
  • Intense Ink Pencils
  • Ink Pads (I use Fantastix to color with them.)
  • Colored Pencils
  • Dylusions Ink Spray (I use waterbrushes to color with them.)
  • Watercolor Markers
Want to learn more about coloring?  Check out my Color Inspiration workshops, including my newest Color Inspiration Workshop.....watercolors.




Your Turn
So do you love to color?  What is your favorite coloring medium?

Happy Crafting!
Jeri'

4 comments:

  1. Ya know, I loved purple as a middle schooler (who didn't?) and then pretty much hated it. But I love the color choices for your card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ATC. Love all the beauty of purple Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete