"Hmmmm.....maybe I will use this, maybe I won't. But I will buy it anyway." I NEVER have this thought when I add to my stash.
I always have the best of intention when I purchase new items. I can ALWAYS see myself using them. But seeing and doing are two different things.
I will raise my hand and say that is very true about the border stamps in my stash. I purchase them with the best of intentions, but that doesn't seem to translate into using them.
Let's see what happens when I finally pull them out.
Project #1-Hello Card
I wanted to start off using borders stamps to make........a border. Imagine that! Took me four tries (and a little swearing) to get it right.
- Surfaces: Card Stock
- Stamps: Border, Sentiment and Heart Tag (JustRite Stampers)
- Die: Heart Tag (JustRite Stampers)
- Color Mediums: Kaleidacolor, Ranger Archival (Black), Prima Chalk Ink (Turquoise)
- Embellishments: Pearls and Rhinestone
- Other: Pop-Dots
|Create border using ink and border stamps.|
|Add pearls to border.|
- Stamp and cut out sentiment. Add to card using pop dot.
- Add rhinestone to tag.
- Adhere card front to base card.
Project #2-Give Thanks Tag
For my second project I made a background for my tag. I really love how it turned out.....reminds me of an 'ugly' Christmas sweater. Seems only right that I went with a vintage theme for the fall tag.
- Surfaces: Shipping Tag and Card Stock
- Stamps: Letter Stamps
- Color Mediums: Kaleidacolor, Ranger Archival (Black), Dew Drop Chalk Ink (Hint of Pesto)
- Embellishments: Vintage Fall Images, Fall Stickers and Stickers
- Other: Pop-Dots
|Create background using border stamps and Kalidacolor Ink. Ink edges of tag with green ink.|
|Apply brown ink to edges.|
|Add Stickles to some of the elements and sentiment.|
There's a Video? You Bet Ya!
Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question. Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies.
Subscribe below and we will send you this week's process video. Find out exactly how we made this week's project. And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)
So what item do you purchase the the best of intentions....but don't use it the way you thought you would?
Thanks for stopping by,