I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

October 12, 2015

5 Essential Stamping Tools

All month long we will be exploring stamping on the Everyday Moodlings blog.

I thought it would be a perfect time to talk about stamping tools, cuz you need way more then stamps to actually stamp.  (Let's not even start with ink.)

So, without further ado, here is my list of essential stamping tools. 



5 Essential Stamping Tools

Grid Stamping Blocks

Of course you will need stamping blocks to use unmounted rubber/clear stamps.  And I have many different ones.....MANY!  But my favorites have grids on them.  Makes it much easier to link things up.





Craft Mat or Silicone Mat

A Craft Mat or silicone mat is essential for protecting your work surface.  It also functions as a palette for mixing wet mediums.  And since it can handle high heat you can easily emboss on it.

I love my Craft Mat from Ranger, but it is starting to show its age.  When I finally replace it I think I may switch to a silicone mat.  I really love the border on this one (red always sucks me in) and that I can see through them.  My Craft Mat sits on top of my cutting mat and it would be nice to still see the lines beneath.


Ink Daubers

I am sure everyone has experienced stamping an image only to discover that you did ink it properly.

Ink daubers to the rescue!  I love these little tools for making sure I have good ink coverage.  Gotta have the storage box too. :)




Fiskars Stamp Press

I currently us the Fiskars Stamp Press.  I held off for a longggggg time before purchasing this tool.

And then I thought.....why the heck did I wait so long.  I love this thing.

There are others on the market, including the new MISTI, but for now I am happy with my Stamp Press.

Foam Mat

This is probably an item that would not make most people's list, but I find it very useful or working with stamps that will not stamp a complete image.  Just a little extra give helps a ton.

This is especially true of unmounted rubber stamps that do not have a foam backing.  I also pull it out when I am using a stylus to emboss.




Your Turn
So this is my list of essentials.  I am sure you have your own.  So tell me why I am wrong and you are right.  I enjoy the debate. :)

Happy Crafting,
Jeri'

10 comments:

  1. I have everything you have - love my daubers the most! I have the Fiskars stamp press, but I actually find I use my Thing-a-ma-Jig more. It helps me place my image correctly, and it's smaller and handier. And I would add a soft toothbrush for cleaning those stamps with water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....a toothbrush is quite handy. As are my every popular baby wipes. :)

      Delete
    2. Hello Margaret, What is a 'Thing-a-ma-Jig???Never heard of it.

      Delete
    3. Hello Margaret, What is a 'Thing-a-ma-Jig???Never heard of it.

      Delete
    4. 'cepta, I believe Margaret is referring to: Inkadinkado - Stamp-a-ma-jig Stamp Positioner. You can see it on Amazon. There is also the EK Success Stamp-a-ma-jig. You see both on Amazon.

      Delete
  2. oh, I am in love with those little daubers. I think I "need" them! ;-) What brand are they...and the box, too.
    I agree about the Fiskars stamp press...a fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at need them.....I have so many things I 'needed'. You can purchase them at scrapbook.com. I think I have their in house brand. Just search for ink daubers. :)

      Delete
    2. Hello Jeri, Most of the craft items like the Misti etc I learn about through websites or blogs. I have never ever seen those items in the few craft stores here in Galway, Ireland. Do you think that the Misti will be more efficient than previous similar items? My search begins in earnest to locate items in the UK. 'Cepta

      Delete
    3. Hello Jeri, Most of the craft items like the Misti etc I learn about through websites or blogs. I have never ever seen those items in the few craft stores here in Galway, Ireland. Do you think that the Misti will be more efficient than previous similar items? My search begins in earnest to locate items in the UK. 'Cepta

      Delete
    4. 'cepta.....I am by no means an expert. I like the design and I do believe it is an improvement over paste options. But for the type of card making I do, the Fiskars Stamp Press works great. So no need to change that this point. :)

      Delete