I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

September 18, 2015

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015.....September


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September


I have long been a Tim Holtz fan.  I am not nearly obsessed as some. (You know who you are.)  But I do like his products and I have added many to my stash over the years.  I am totally loving his Crazy Birds stamps and dies.

Over the years I have been inspired by his work.  So it was inevitable that I try my hand at his 12 Tags of 2015.  Not sure why it took me so long.  But better late the never......right?!

I also learned something as I completed this project.  I suck at following rules.  LOL!  I followed his example for the first few steps and then went down my own path.  You can see Tim's original tag here.

Read on to see my take on his September tag.



Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Glossy Paper and watercolor paper.
  • Stamps: Text Background Stamp.  Leaves and Sentiment (Club Scrap).
  • Alcohol Ink (Red Pepper, Denim, Ginger and Pearl Mixative)
  • Alcohol Blending Solution
  • Ink: Archival Ink (Black and Brown), Embossing, Distressed (Crushed Olive, Faded Jeans, Bundled Twigs and Aged Mahogany.)
  • Embossing Powder (Bronze-Recollections)
  • Stencil (Crafters Workshop)
  • Matte Gel (Liquidtex)
  • Label Die (Spellbinders)
  • Rhinestones
  • Baker's Twine
Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step One: Cut Glossy Paper into tag.  Place alcohol ink on craft mat.  Add pearl mixative and blending solution.  Drag tag through ink to apply color.  Repeat if necessary.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Two:  Add additional blending solution (just a few drops) to the tag to create additional texture.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Three: Using Archival Ink (brown) stamp background image onto tag.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Four: Apply Matte Gel using stencil and palette knife.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Five: Apply metallic rub-on to matte gel once dry.  This is highlight the raised area.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Six: Add additional brown ink to the edge of the tag.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Seven: Stamp leaf background with Distressed Ink onto watercolor paper.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Eight: Stamp leaf outline and emboss.  Cut out each leaf.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Nine:  Add Bundled Twigs to the edge of the leaves to increase the aged look and cover any white spots.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Ten: Stamp sentiment and cut out using label die. (Spellbinders)


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Eleven: Ink sentiment with Faded Jeans and Bundled Twigs.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Step Twelve: Layer leaves onto tag.


Everyday Moodlings: Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015, September

Finished Tag: Add sentiment using pop-dots.  Add rhinestones to the bottom of the sentiment.  Add baker's twine to the top of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you would like to learn more about using all types of ink, check out our free workshop Ink Essentials.
Jeri'

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this and like you I don't work well with rules.....are there rules for the tag journey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. There are no rules for the tag journey....but to post mine on Tim's site it is suppose to similar to his. That was not the case for this tag. :0 Still love how it turned out.

      Delete