I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

September 30, 2015

Saying Goodbye to September






Hard to believe September has come on gone.  WOW!  Time to get out the fall decor.

It was a busy month here at Everyday Moodlings as we explored crafting tools.  Keep reading to catch up on all the fun we had in September.







September Posts


Top 20 Non-Essential Crafting Tools 

I am sure you have seen them before....posts or threads listing the essential tools for scrapbooking, card making, mixed media and more.  They are fun to read but often contain the obvious.  Yes, to scrapbook I need paper.  To make cards I will probably need stamps.  To art journal.....I will need a journal. As my 12 year old son would say.....DUH!

Reading some of these lists made me think about what I truly feel is essential beyond scissors, paper cutters and card stock.  What do I reach for over and over again? Read More





Project Inspiration: Color Tools

When I first started paper crafting and stamping I tried to stay away from stamps that required me to color.

Don't know why....I probably did not feel confident using color mediums.  Afraid it would look at a child's coloring book. (Hey, did you know that adult color books are huge right now....but that is another blog post.) Read More 


Project Inspiration: Brayers

 "I don't use (insert tool, product, techniques) because it never looks right, or it looks like a beginner."

Have you said/thought this?  You are not alone.  I hear this all the time from my students.

While I have mastered a large number of techniques and tools, there is always more to learn.  So what does it look like when I attempt a new technique?  Read More




Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015.....September

 I have long been a Tim Holtz fan.  I am not nearly obsessed as some. (You know who you are.)  But I do like his products and I have added many to my stash over the years.  I am totally loving his Crazy Birds stamps and dies.

Over the years I have been inspired by his work.  So it was inevitable that I try my hand at his 12 Tags of 2015.  Not sure why it took me so long.  But better late the never......right?!

Read on to see my take on his September tag.




Project Inspiration: Dies

 Last week I worked with a tool I never use....a brayer.  It was fun, but a little scary.  I don't normally show people what it looks like when I am learning to use a tool or technique.  But the only way to learn something is to do it and I want to encourage you to try new things every day.

This week we are changing gears....I picked a tool I use all the time.  DIES!  I love my dies, all of them.  Read on to see what I created.




Big Book of Backgrounds: Watercolor Blooming

 I have a brand new Big Book of Backgrounds post.  I have been in love with watercolors lately.  I wanted to try making a background using a blooming technique.

Let's see how that turned out?

3 Fundamental Facts About Paper and Scoring + Project Inspiration


Have you ever wondered why it is so important to score paper when folding? Did you even know it is important to do? Are scoring tools and scoring boards really worth it? Can't I just fold a piece of paper without scoring? Well, I'm here to share with you 3 Fundamental Facts about paper and scoring that you may not have known. Prepare yourself to be amazed! ;-)  Read More


September Workshops

We have several workshops start in September.  There is still plenty of time to join the fun.

 





Now on to October.....thanks for stopping by!
Jeri and Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment