I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

September 22, 2015

Project Inspiration: Dies




Last week I worked with a tool I never use....a brayer.  It was fun, but a little scary.  I don't normally show people what it looks like when I am learning to use a tool or technique.  But the only way to learn something is to do it and I want to encourage you to try new things every day.

This week we are changing gears....I picked a tool I use all the time.  DIES!  I love my dies, all of them.  Read on to see what I created.





Project Inspiration: Dies
I kept it pretty simple this week.   I have been super excited about pulling out some new Tim Holtz dies and this was my chance. :)  I ended up using three different dies for the project.



Supplies:
  • Surfaces: Pattern Paper (My Mind's Eye) and Card Stock (Black, White and Core'dinations)
  • Stamps: Dylusions
  • Dies: Pumpkins (Cricut), Flourish (QuicKutz), Background (Tim Holtz)
  • Ink: Orange, Black and White (White Pigment Ink), Embossing Ink
  • Other: Embossing Powder, White Pen, Crackle Accents, Embossing Folder and White Pen
Steps:
  1. Cut tags from two coordinating pieces of pattern paper.  
  2. Use die from Tim Holtz on one tag.  Layer both tags together.  Ink edges with orange and black ink.
  3. Cut pumpkins using Cricut using Core'dinations Black Magic card stock.  Emboss with embossing folder and sand to reveal core color.
  4. Cut white card stock using flourish die.  Ink and emboss. Layer onto tag.
  5. Stamp letters onto black card stock using white pigment ink.  Emboss with white embossing powder. Doodle around letters with white pen and cut into rectangles. Add to the top of the card.
  6. Add pumpkins.  Cover pumpkins with Crackle Accents and allow time to dry.

Video Time!
See how I made this week's projects in full detail.



Like what you see?

Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below and you will receive our weekly challenge and process video.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)




Your Turn!
What is your favorite tool?

Happy Crafting!
Jeri


No comments:

Post a Comment