I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

July 24, 2015

Big Book of Backgrounds: Watercoloring with Spray Ink




It has been a few weeks since my last Big Book of Backgrounds post.  This time I wanted to work with just a single product to create a background that would still have plenty depth and interest.

Let's see how that turned out?







Watercolor with Spray Ink
The single product I am working with this spray ink.  Spray ink, or misting spray, is one of the most versatile products we have in our craft rooms/studios.  I know it can seem a little one dimensional, but if you think beyond the spray you can come up with an array of possibilities.

Since spray ink is already a liquid, and many are water reactive, it lends itself perfectly to watercolor  techniques.  That is the focus of this background.

Supplies Used:
  • Spray Ink (I used three different colors from Lindy's Stamp Gang.)
  • Water
  • Watercolor Paper




Interesting in learning even more about spray ink?  Check out my newest Color Inspiration workshop.


The Big Book of Backgrounds is an ongoing series.  You can see more backgrounds here.  Plus check out my Pinterest Board dedicated to backgrounds.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Jeri'

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Looks like a gorgeous underwater scene!

    ReplyDelete