I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

May 28, 2015

Why I don't 'Love', 'Dream', or 'Inspire'.



Recently as I was strolling down a very long path known as Pinterest, I noticed, REALLY NOTICED, how often the artists use inspirational quotes and sayings on their tag art and art journaling.

Don't get me wrong.....I love a good inspirational quote.  But sometimes I really want to laugh at life.  It is how I cope with the craziness around me.

So I decided I would not 'Love', 'Dream' or 'Inspire'.






Instead I wanted create a series of tags focusing on the lighter side of things.  Mine is a house of laughter and more than a bit of sarcasm.  And the motivational quotes have been done.....a lot.  Time to take my work in a whole different direction.

Of course this means new supplies!  Every new project needs new supplies. :)  But alas, no new stamps or paints or tools entered my studio.  What landed on my table were books of funny quotes, jokes and sayings.
They did not last long in my studio.  Instead the whole family has enjoyed them over our evening meals.  Some of the quotes are totally inappropriate for my 12 year old son.......but such is life.  The belly laughs we have enjoyed were totally worth it.

Below are some of the tags I have created so far, with more to come.













I hope they bring a smile to your face.  When I finish each tag I put the author (if I know it) of the quote on the back of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea Jeri! I have collected some funnies like these on Pinterest. I need to do a project like this! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Love the tags and the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Love the tags and the quotes.

    ReplyDelete