I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

May 21, 2015

I made it.....now what? Displaying your artwork.


I have often thought.....well that looks like fun and neat to make, but what do I do with it.

Turns out I am not alone.  As I travel the internet I find many crafters who have turned away from certain types of crafting or art work simply because they don't know what do with it after they have made it.

I get it.  I feel the same way.  I don't want to make a bunch of 'stuff' only to have to store it.  What a waste of time and space.  Why spend time creating something that will end up in a box.


It actually makes me kinda crazy when I end up in these situations.  But I am a problem solver.  So I came up with solutions that works for me.  I wanted to share my ideas in hopes to inspire you to display you work and not limit what you create.

My Solution
Every time I think about displaying my art work I want to make sure it is in small doses.  I don't want it to have it all over my house.  Growing up in the upper-Midwest, counted cross-stitch as all the rage in the 80's.  I would see homes where walls would be covered with completed counted cross-stitch projects.  Don't get me wrong, some of it was beautiful, but it gets to be a bit much.

So I knew I needed some way to rotate my display.  That way I could always add new items and not feel like it was taking over my entire home.  (I am certain my husband thanks me for this.  Who wants to see your entire home covered with tag art?)

I found some wonderful inspiration on Rebecca Sower's blog.  Which lead me to create the frames below.  I love that I can change them out depending on the season or holiday or event.  I especially love that I see them every day on my way to "work."  (The trip up the stairs to my office is a killer commute.)



In addition to these frames I also have my Project Inspiration ATC display trays.  These are on the wall in my studio.




I am planning a few more ideas from displaying my work and I have assembled some inspiration on the Everyday Moodlings Pinterest Board.  (Psst....I am always adding things to our Pinterest board, so you might want to follow us.)

Your Turn
How do you display your work?  Have you ever limited your creativity not knowing what to do with the completed projects?  Did you find a solution?

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am planning on getting a few more as they are becoming harder to find. I hope to fill up the entire space. :)

      Delete