I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

May 12, 2015

All About Xyron!

All About Xyron!

When Jeri mentioned that this month on the blog the topic is all about "sticky stuff" and that this week was particularly about Xyron, you must know that I (Shirley) raised my hand to volunteer. :-)

First of all, I am pretty much the queen of adhesives as I have tried more types of adhesives than someone should rightfully use in a lifetime.  Really! I literally have drawers and cabinets full of adhesive. Just ask my husband! ;-)


But, Xyron holds a special place in my heart. Many moons ago I was an independent scrapbook consultant for a company that was owned by Xyron. I was able to come to know the folks there and how they do their business. I was happy to be aligned with them because of their customer service as well as the quality of their products.

I have loved Xyron adhesives well before I ever "knew" them. Their edge to edge adhesive is the tops! In the videos below, I share about several of their adhesive machines, how to use them, and how to change out the cartridges. It encompasses pretty much everything you've ever might want to know about Xyron. ;-) At this time there are even more adhesive machines available, so make sure to check out all of the awesome products on their website at Xyron.com!

Part 1 Video Includes:
  • Xyron Adhesive Runner
  • Xyron Mega Runner
  • Xyron 2" and 4" Adhesive Runner, aka The Cheetah
  • Xyron 150, aka the little "X"
  • The Xyron numbering system
  • Xyron 250 Create a Sticker Machine
  • Xyron 510 Creative Station




Part 2 Video Includes:
  • Xyron 900 Creative Station
  • Hints when purchasing refill cartridges



Want even more Xyron inspiration? Check out the Xyron YouTube Channel featuring my good buddy, Beth Kingston, Corporate Spokesperson for Xyron and all-around amazing chickadee. Yes, you may also have seen her on HSN demo-ing various and sundry crafty items.


Learn More

Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below and we will send you our weekly process videos.  Find out exactly how we make each week's projects.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)



Your Turn
What are your favorite Xyron machines and what types of crafts do you make with them? Inquiring minds want to know!

Happy Crafting!
Shirley

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all the different Xyrons. I didn't know that they had a 900. I have a 150 that I use for all my die cut words and I also have a Xyron 1200 that I have used for a lot of die cut borders and for a big mixed media project that I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina,
      Yes, Xyron has loads of various machines. And they put out some in different colors for various promotions. Make sure to check out their website to see what else they have to offer.

      TFS!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Shirley, you really are an adhesives queen! I have heard of Xyron and sort of knew what it was but your videos are wonderful - now I know all about them - thank you! I had no idea there were so many different types of Xyron machines. I have a tiny 1.5" Xyron machine that I got in a bargain bin many years ago and never used. I just dug it out of my stash and now I plan to use it for my smaller die cuts after seeing your video. I hope the adhesive is still good after all these years! I will soon find out! Great videos and very educational - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FitKitty,
      I bet the adhesive is still good in that little "X" machine. As long as it has not been in extreme heat, I bet it is perfectly fine.

      Glad you liked the videos and thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Your videos were wonderful. I know I have two xyron machines that I have never used. After watching you I feel they might be easy to use, I am going to check them out. Thank you, thank you. :) Your presentation was great, easy to understand and so informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela,
      Thank you for your words of praise! Get out those adhesives and start playing. You'll wonder why you've waited so long! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am the QUeen of Xyron! I have 2 mini X's, 4 of the regular X's, two create a sticker 250, the 9" creative station, 2 of the 5" machines, the Xyron runner, the 3" adhesive machine, 5" creative station, 3 of the mini mini X's and 5 of the smaller handheld runners. I LOVELOVELOVE all things Xyron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,
      You DO have a TON of Xyron products, but, believe it or not, I still have you beat! ;-)

      Delete