Paper Piecing Rediscovered
Do you love creating your own handmade embellishments? I do.
Remember paper piecing? Those cute, handmade elements and titles? I think it is time to take a second look at paper piecing, but in a whole new way. Leaving the cutesy far behind.
When paper crafting first burst onto the market, many of our elements were handmade.....because there was nothing else to work with. No electronic die-cutting machines, no pre-made elements, no stamps and stickers to fit every theme. As we moved towards these new products we moved away from handmade.
Today, handmade elements are making a come back. A renaissance if you will. Paper piecing can be very very relaxing and rewarding. In this three week class we will explore paper piecing and make it fit the current look and style.
- learn the basics of paper piecing. Including where to find patterns and add depth to your design.
- how to create color blocking cards and scrapbook pages.
- create one-of-a kind pieces using your own photos.
- create titles, borders, corners, elements, and more.
- Lesson One-The Basics: Start with a basic design and transform it into an element perfectly suited for your current style. We will look at adding depth and dimension as well as where to find patterns.
- Lesson Two-Paper Crafting Elements and Color Blocking: This week will use paper piecing to create titles, elements, borders, corners and color blocking designs for card making and scrapbooking. Think Project Life and pocket scrapbooking without the page protector.
- Lesson Three-Beyond Paper: Use paper piecing to create mixed media canvases and more.
All you need to complete this class is basic paper crafting supplies and a printer.
Workshop Start Date: April 23rd
Workshop Length: 3 WeeksClassroom Access: Students will have unlimited access to the classroom for one year from the start date.
Early Enrollment Special Price: $15 (Price will increase to $20 on April 26th, 2015.)