I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

April 07, 2015

Project Inspiration: Paper Flower Background


Everyday Moodlings: Paper Flowers Mixed Media Background


The week's Project Inspiration challenge is paper flowers.  You know, those jars of old Prima flowers you have in your stash.

Let's dust them off and create a cool mixed media background.





Don't have any Prima flowers?  Wait, what?!  I did not know that was possible. Do you have to give up your crafter's card for this? Well, if you are that rare breed, then pull out your flower punches or flower dies and make some paper flowers.

Project #1: Project Inspiration-ATC Card
Using white or ivory flowers is the best option for both projects.  You can use any watercolor medium of your choice.  I used Twinkling H2Os for my projects.  Subscribe to our videos to see how I created this ATC card.

Everyday Moodlings: Paper Flowers Mixed Media Background

Supplies: Paper flowers (Prima), watercolor paper, Twinkling H2Os, stencil, Mod Podge, iridescent medium, white paint, ink, tissue tape (Tim Holtz), die (La La Land Dies), card stock and brad.

Project #2: Flower Tag
I had so much fun with this technique I made another tag.  I have include a step-by-step tutorial for the background. To add a little interest to the layered flowers I covered the top flower with UTEE to create an enamel embellishment.

Everyday Moodlings: Paper Flowers Mixed Media Background

Supplies:  Paper flowers (Prima), watercolor paper, Twinkling H2Os, stencil, matte medium, white paint, iridescent medium, ink, background stamp, quote, metal embellishments, embossing ink, UTEE and enamel dot. 



For the ATC card I use Mod Podge and on the tag I used matte medium.  They create a slightly different effect.  The matte medium leaves a very flat (matte) finish to the project, while the Mod Podge has more shine to it.  More like a satin finish. 

I think I prefer the Mod Podge.  Which is amazing as I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Mod Podge.  Don't ask.....I finally won, but it was a tough battle. :)

Interesting in learning more? 

Everyday Moodlings
 Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies.

Subscribe below and we will send you our weekly video, full of ideas on this week's topic.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)




Everyday Moodlings-Twinkling H2Os


I used Twinkling H2Os on both of my projects this week.  If you are interested in learning more about these little jars of shimmery color, then check out my workshop-Color Inspiration: Twinkling H2Os.

Class starts this week and it's currently on SALE.  I hope to see you there.





Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment