I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

April 28, 2015

Project Inspiration: Crafting with Chipboard Flowers


Chipboard Flowers Project InspirationHi crafters, Shirley Pando here for another inspiring way to use your stash. This week it's all about using Chipboard Flowers in your art.

I will admit that I have quite a few chipboard shapes, but not necessarily flower shapes. If you have a die cut machine you can make your own from chipboard. Don't have chipboard? I bet you have a cereal or snack box you can recycle to make most any flower shape you desire.








Project Inspiration: Chipboard Flowers
There are several different kinds of chipboard flowers available. Or at least there were at one time. Did I mention that I have some really old papers and embellishments from maybe up to 10 years ago. Oh, that's embarrassing, but it's true. All of it is from the days when I was heavily into scrapbooking. I've really got to use this stuff up!!
Basic Grey ChipboardSome chipboard comes already decorated to match your papers, such as these chipboard shapes, at left, from Basic Grey (Boxer Chip Stickers). 



Glitter ChipboardSome are painted and have pretty glitter on it, like the piece at the right. I can't even remember where I got this one! Let's say that the company is probably NOT around anymore. Anyone know the manufacturer of this piece below? If you say the name I'll remember. I want to say it is a Heidi Grace piece, but don't quote me on it. ;-)


Some pieces are "naked" or "raw", like these to the left, which allows you take charge and paint or decoupage or whatever else you'd like to do to it. Some of these pieces are from...I want to say Cosmo Cricket. There were like three big 12" x 12" pieces of punched chipboard in each pack. Well, anyway, you get the idea. They are from a long time ago. I also still have chipboard pieces from Heidi Swapp, Scenic Route, Maya Road, and a few other companies.

So onto the projects already, right? OK! This week I've made two cards using some of the naked chipboard. First up is the Hello Card.




Hello Card
Hello Card

Supplies: Folded card base (5.5" x 4.25"), card panel (made from an embossing folder technique), chipboard flowers (Basic Grey Boxer Chip Stickers), chipboard frame (unknown), acrylic paint (Claudine Hellmuth for Ranger in Classic Teal), Grosgrain ribbon (Offray), Staz-on Multi-Surface Ink Pad in Jet Black, stamp (Hero Arts CL 488 Congrats)









Thank You Card

Supplies: Folded card base (5.5" x 4.25"), patterned paper, card panel (handmade Gelli print background - see details of my BRAND NEW online workshop below!), naked chipboard, acrylic paint, chipboard flowers, mini buttons, dotted ribbon, stamp (Hero Arts CL 488 Congrats), Versafine Ink Pad - Onyx Black.



Brand New Online Workshop!

Want to learn how to make your own hand printed papers for backgrounds, art journals, collage, cards, and more? Come join me for "The Art of the Gelli Plate"Class begins Tuesday April 28th.

Click here for more info and to register!




Learn More

Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies. 

Subscribe below and we will send you this week's process video.  Find out exactly how we made this week's projects.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)




Your Turn
How do you use your chipboard flowers or other shapes? I drastically need help to pare down my stash!

Thanks for stopping by,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment