Shirley Pando is back with a brand new workshop to help you demystify gelli plates.
The Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate is all the rage right now and I know why. It makes printing super easy and loads of fun!
I love using it to create colorful and unique backgrounds on paper (and fabric!) for art journals, cards, and other mixed media projects. If you have been dying to find out what this crafty tool is all about, now’s your chance! Come join me as we create beautiful layered prints using the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate. This will be a wonderfully painty adventure in monoprinting!
During this workshop students will:
- Learn the use, care, and storage of the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.
- Learn which types of paints and papers work best with monoprinting.
- Use repurposed items to create prints.
- Create handmade stencils, stamps, and masks to create prints.
- Make single and multiple prints on various types of paper.
- Learn how to rescue “ugly” prints.
- Use the prints made in class to create cards and either an art journal page or collaged canvas.
**During the Bonus 4th Lesson, students will:
- Learn which paints and fabrics work best for monoprinting.
- Create single and multiple prints on fabric.
- Use one of the fabric prints to create a no-sew fused fabric tote!
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate – Storage, Care and General Use; Paints, Papers, and Tools; Creating Your First Prints.
- Lesson 2: Create Handmade Stencils, Stamps, and Masks; Use Your Handmade Tools and Repurposed Items to Create Loads of Prints.
- Lesson 3: Create Projects with Printed Papers – Cards and Either an Art Journal Page or Canvas.
- Lesson 4 (BONUS): Acrylic vs. Textile Paints, Fabrics; Printing on Fabric; Create a No-Sew Fused Fabric Tote.
Length: 4 Weeks/4 Lessons
Early Enrollment Special: $25 (Price will increase to $30 on April 28, 2015 at midnight.)