I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

March 10, 2015

Project Inspiration: Canvas


Everyday Moodlings-Canvas Crafts

I am super busy with National Craft Month and my new workshop Fabulous Foundations, but I wanted to sneak into the studio for a few minutes of creative time.  All month long I am working with different surfaces, this week I pulled out some canvas.

Canvas can come in a number of different types including stretched canvas, canvas sheets, canvas paper, canvas fabric....just to name a few.  I actually found some old canvas stickers while digging through my stash.  Not that I used them, but I did find them. :)

While I enjoy working with canvas, it is one surfaces I often forget about.  I enjoy it because it can stand up to so much more abuse than paper.  It is also part of the reason I still own steel-rule dies.  Those babies will cut through almost anything

Canvas Project #1-Enjoy the Moment Card
Before I completed my Project Inspiration ATC I decided to make a card.  For quite some time I leaned towards a vintage look with my crafting.  But somewhere in the past year or so I have started to make a shift.  I think it is because I am scrapbooking again and dark, dingy colors just are not working for me.  Not everything is a heritage photo. I know I am old, but I am not THAT old. :)

For the background I cut a canvas sheet into squares.  I painted the squares and then stamped them with white paint.
Everyday Moodlings-Canvas Crafts

Supplies: Card stock, canvas sheet, paint, die (Papertrey Ink), stamps (Papertrey Ink and Tim Hotlz), ink, embossing ink and powder and Dew Drops.

Project Inspiration: Canvas ATC
I could not stay away from the vintage look for long. LOL!  I wanted to make sure to use my steel-rule dies for my ATC.  Cutting material like canvas is one of the reasons I still keep them.  So this card will hopefully not only inspire me to use canvas but also my Sizzix dies.

Everyday Moodlings-Canvas Crafts

Supplies: Pattern paper, canvas, die (Tim Holtz), die-cut (Martha Stewart), ink, misting sprays, tag die (Spellbinders), card stock, brand and flower embellishment.

Did I mention it was a crazy, busy week?  Like, really crazy busy.  That means some things get left undone and since my child still needs clean clothes and my dog still needs to eat I had to pick the video for the projects this week.  But we will be back with more videos later in the month.

Be sure to check out the Everyday Moodlings Pinterest board for even more canvas inspiration.  And hey, while you are there you could always follow us.  I will be adding new pins all year long. 

Project Inspiration is one of my projects for 2015.  You can read more about it here.  I am quite pleased with my progress so far.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment