I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

March 24, 2015

Project Inspiration #8-Acrylic/Acetate


Everyday Moodlings: Acetate or Acrylic Die-Cuts


So last week I took a break because it was spring break in our house.  My husband and son took their yearly trip together and I got four whole days alone.  (Ok....the dog was here, but still.  She did hide under the bed once the paint and paper started flying.)  I spent one entire day creating just from me.  Nothing for the blog or my classes. It was pure creative heaven. :)  I need to find a way to do that more often.

From time to time I get a brief look at what my life will be like once my son is grown and I must admit I am a bit excited. LOL!  Oh, I would not give up a single day with him, but to not have that extra responsibility will be a welcome change.

But alas, it is time to return to reality.  Back to getting up early and getting everyone out the door, so I can sit down and do a little typing, a little writing, a little creating.....and answering far too many emails.

During the month of March we have focused on different surfaces.  Paper is always my surface of choice, so it has been fun to play with other options.  This week we explore acrylic or acetate or clear plastic (whatever you want to call them) shapes or die-cuts.  The difference between acrylic and acetate is what the clear material is made from.  Both are clear, but acrylic is generally synthetic and thicker while acetate is a nature product and is thin.

Project #1-Spring Tag
I am a huge fan of Tim Holtz Fragments so I was super excited to see that they re-released them this year.  Not that I was in any danger of running out.  Why do I love them?  Because they are so customization.  I can make them match any project or them.
Everyday Moodlings: Acetate or Acrylic Die-Cuts
Supplies: Tag, Fragments Charms (Tim Holtz), Stamps, Ink, Spray Ink (Dylusions), Pattern Paper, White Paint, Brads, Glossy Accents by Ranger and Metal Letters

Project #2-Project Inspiration - ATC Card
I only just recently fell in love the Dylusions Ink.  My collection is pretty small right now, but I fear that may not last for long.  For this week's ATC I also used the white Dylusions to tone down the colors a bit.  I opted to emboss the acetate and use it as an overlay.  I like how it adds a subtle layer of interest.

FYI:  I used leftover product packaging for my overlay.  It is a great way to recycle. :)

Everyday Moodlings: Acetate or Acrylic Die-Cuts

Supplies: Pattern Paper, Acetate, Embossing Folder, Ink Spray (Dylusions), White Paint, Pearls and Brads.

Check out the Everyday Moodlings Pinterest Board for even more ideas for using acetate and Fragments.



 Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies.

Subscribe below and we will send you our weekly video, full of ideas on this week's topic.  And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)






Happy Crafting,
Jeri'

No comments:

Post a Comment