I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

February 06, 2015

The Streak-Week #2

Everyday Moodlings-Paper Crafting

The Streak-Week #2

This week had a little bit of everything.....from card making to scrapbooking to planning to cleaning and more.

  • Day #5 (Saturday): For years I have kept a yearly calendar in my studio to jot down when things happen. I find this essential as it may take me years before I actually get to scrap the memories.  I am working on catching up in 2015, but it is nice to know that I have the information when I need it.  On Saturday I did a quick update for January.  I also did a much need clean up after completing Ink Essentials.  My room was quite a mess....a happy mess. :)
  • Day #6-Planner Time (Monday): This is truly one of my favorite times of the week.  It is my happy time.
  • Day #7 (Tuesday):  Back to work on class samples.  This time working on the Perfect Pearls workshop.
  • Day 8-Shopping (Wednesday):  I normally don't consider this a part of my creative time, but after my recent supply purge I really needed to update some of my stash.  So I had to use my creative time to complete this process.
  • Day #9 (Thursday): Happy to say I got a little scrapabooking done.


All in all a good week.  I am still trying to find a good schedule as I feel like I am trying to squeeze my creative time around everything else.  I know this is ineffective and bound to lead to failure.  Next week I hope to better structure my day so that I can make those 15 minutes a priority.

I keep thinking....it is only 15 minutes.  Surely things can wait until I get that done.  (Some days it really does feel like a losing battle, yet I refuse to give in....refuse to surrender. Or maybe I have just lost my grip on reality.)

Looking for a support group to join to start your streak?

50 Challenges in 2015


Here at Everyday Moodlings we take using our stashes very seriously.  Hey....I started a whole blog on the top.  But then, everyone has a blog.

So we decided to start a Facebook group dedicated to using what we have on hand.  WOW!  That was really thinking outside the box. :)

If you would like an extra push to start using all of those supplies you are hiding from your husband, then join us.  I will be posting a new challenge each week starting on January 19th.

Then together we can post our ideas, inspiration and completed projects.  It will be fun.....I promise!  Join the 50 Challenges in 2015 Facebook group.

Thanks for stopping by.
Jeri'

8 comments:

  1. Kept up my streak this week, too - yahoo! I made a Christmas word (Noel) album, several cards, and layouts for a trip and my heritage albums for my kids. I also managed to do some reorganization and cleanup in my studio - needed that! I must say it was an easy week to accomplish a lot - it got very cold and windy, so it was great to stay indoors! P.S. On Thursday, instead of making Thank You cards (which I have tons of), I did lesson 1 of Ink Essentials and made tags, some of which are thank you's. I loved what I learned about dye inks and look forward to lesson 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret,
      You've had quite a creative week! I have managed to clean and reorganize half my craft room and do a few mending projects for my son. It feels great when things are clean! :-)

      Delete
    2. What would those boys do without you? :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome Margaret. I am glad you are enjoying the class and keeping your streak going at the same time. :)

      Delete
  2. I am getting in the habit now of creating for at least fifteen minutes and taking at least five minutes a day to tidy up my playroom. It is amazing how much I can get done tidying up in a few minutes. Lol! I'm also making myself put things away when I'm finished with them. I will confess I have a mess under my work desk from December which I'm slowly sorting through and putting away. At least last week I was able to empty two big boxes from under the desk so now I can get my chair under the desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Myoriah. But exactly how big is your desk?! LOL! Just kidding. I have a few boxes to go through myself. And I agree. If I just take a few minutes to clean up it is so much easier to start again the next time.

      Delete
  3. For 2015 I've changed my thinking about resolutions etc. We had a messy year last year (not in a good way) and I did not get to enjoy my art and craft pursuits like I wanted. So for this year I haven't made resolutions, I have Intentions. And a new weekday schedule. I work full time outside the home and my hubby and I have a small business for which I do the bookkeeping. Doesn't leave much time for fun during the week. Instead of always feeling guilty and procrastinating about chores vs passions, I now have a schedule from Monday to Friday and the weekends are anything-goes (around essentials like housework and groceries). Mondays are the evenings I have the most energy so that's my CREATE night. Tuesdays I have a gym class but after that I can keep creating or do something else. Wednesdays are bookwork nights with bill paying, tax work, filing, mail etc. Thursdays are for catching up on folding the clean laundry and doing ironing etc. And Friday evenings are for menu planning prior to shopping on Saturday. If I finish my alloted task early enough I can do whatever I want, including art and craft. Seems to be working well so far for me. I've made cards, scrapbook layouts, collages, read arty magazines, sorted some of my stash....and all without feeling guilty because it was scheduled. Love the new blog and the FB group (which I just joined) too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good plan. :) Good luck with yours. There is very little creativity that happens in my house after 6:00 pm. So I applaud your effort. I will stick with mornings for now. Be sure to let us know how your progress through the year.

      Delete