I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

Ink Essentials

February 24, 2015

Project Inspiration: Best Craft Advice.....Buy the Reinker.



If you spend any time reading blogs of idea books or Pinterest (or online at all) you are bound to run across people who share their opinions.....on a variety of topics.  But this is a craft blog so let's stick with crafty topics.  

Today I am going to share with you one such piece of advice I have received and agree with regarding reinkers. 

We wrap-up our month of ink with reinkers.  Yes, this week's challenge is to use our reinkers....other than to reink our ink pads.  If you have been stamping for a while then you have probably been advised to invest in reinkers when you purchase new stamp pads. Turns out this is good advice.

There seems to be a 'law' that said ink pad will run dry exactly when you need to use it. (This usually occurs late at night while working on a deadline.  Or at least when no stores are open.)But one should not look at these little bottles of color as just midnight saviors.  Oh no....they can do much more than that.  

Glossy Paper Texture Background
In these 1st two examples I used reinkers to create the flowers and beautiful background on card #2.  This is a fun technique I share in our FREE workshop: Ink Essentials.  

I wanted to share it here, so you could have an idea of the types of techniques we share inside this and other classrooms.  The technique works best with Distress Ink reinkers.

Simply add a few drops to your glossy paper and spread it around the glossy paper with your brayer.  Then kiss off some of the ink using a stamp that you spray with water.  Or add water directly to the glossy paper and blot up with a clean paper towel.

If you want to see exactly how I did technique you can sign up for these weeks process video below.  Or better yet, sign up for our free workshop. :)


Supplies: Glossy paper, Distressed Ink reinkers, flower punch, brads, pattern paper, sentiment stamp, ink, and paper doily.



Supplies: Glossy paper, Distressed Ink reinkers, stamps, water, heart embellishment, resist ink, black ink and card stock.

Watercolor Stamped Background
Of course you can always use reinkers to create a water colored look.  Obviously you can do this with an ink pad too, but what fun would that be.  For the green frame I first stamped the image with watered down ink. (I chose a homemade pearlized spray to do the job.) Since the ink is watery you will get more of a solid background.

Then restamp the image with regular ink.  I chose the same color ink, but you could also choose contrasting colors. To finish the card I created a frame using a coordinating Spellbinders die.


Supplies: Reinker, card stock, frame or background stamp (Just Rite Stampers), frame and banner die (Spellbinders), photo corners, ink, sentiment and pop-dots.


 Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies.

Subscribe below and we will send you our weekly video, full of ideas on this week's topic. You will get to see exactly how I created this week's projects. And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)

Subscribe Today!


I hope you enjoy getting some extra use out of your reinkers.  Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Jeri'

2 comments:

  1. The "imagination" card with the birdcage and heart is my absolute favorite card you've ever made! The colors!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is high praise, since you have seen almost every card I have every made. :)

      Delete