I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

PanPastels

PanPastels
Flash Sale-Enroll Today and Save 60%

February 17, 2015

Project Inspiration: 3 Fun Ways to Use Embossing Ink....Without Stamping


Everyday Moodlings: Embossing Ink

You might have noticed we have theme going in February.  We are talking inks, inks, and more inks.  (Is it really possible to have too many inks? I scoff at that idea.) We wanted to explore a few inks that did not make it into the Ink Essentials class. So far we have worked with alcohol ink and watermark ink.  This week we will tackle embossing ink.
Embossing ink is similar to pigment ink in that it is slow drying.  This enables you to add embossing powder.  Generally speaking it comes in clear and tinted.  If you are a true DIYer you can also make your own.  You can find links to recipes on the Everyday Moodlings Pinterest Board.  (Hey, while you are there you could always follow the board.....I know, I know a shameless plug. But we, as bloggers, are encouraged to get viewers to follow us.  So I will entice you with the craft goodness I plan on adding throughout 2015 and beyond.  Who can resist that!)

Now back to the topic at hand.  Most stampers have used embossing ink to stamp and emboss an image.  But if that is where you stopped......you have only scratch the surface.  (And I think you know how I feel about that.  There are no one-trick-ponies in my stash.)

Technique #1: Painting with Embossing Ink
I painted and embossed the purple accent behind the flowers.  I LOVE this technique and I can so many applications for it.  You will need either homemade embossing ink or a re-inker.  I used a re-inker.

Technique #2: Creating Enamel Embellishments
I cover the small flower with embossing ink and then UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).  I repeated the process four times to create a beautiful enamel finish.  This is one of my favorite ways to use UTEE.

Everyday Moodlings: Embossing Ink

Supplies: Card stock, stamp (Papertrey Ink), pattern paper, flower punches, embossing ink, embossing ink re-inker, embossing powder, UTEE (clear) and Dew Drop.

Technique #3: Faux Embossed Metal
You can use UTEE to create faux embossed metal.  Too cool! I used this technique on the ATC and tag below.

What?! You want more?  Ok, fine.

Bonus Techniques #4 & #5: Apply embossing ink to a project using a stencil.  Remove stencil.  Add embossing powder and emboss.  Sprinkle embossing powder to accent an embellishment.  On the button die-cut I applied embossing ink, then I lightly sprinkled embossing powder on the button.  I did not want full coverage, but a few sprinkles.  Heat set to emboss.

Everyday Moodlings: Embossing Ink

Supplies: Pattern paper, quote sticker, card stock, embossing ink, UTEE, ink, ribbon, button die-cut, fibers and stencil.

As promised, you now have a handful of techniques to try with embossing ink and you do not need a single stamp. :)  Be sure to sign up for this week's process video (see below) to learn exactly how I made this week's projects.


 Looking for even more inspiration? I know, I know that is a silly question.  Who doesn't want tips and ideas for using our crafty supplies.

Subscribe below and we will send you our weekly video, full of ideas on this week's topic. You will get to see exactly how I created this week's projects. And the best part....it will come right to your inbox. :)

Subscribe Today!

2 comments:

  1. Love the card with purple splashes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I know I will use that look again. :)
      Thanks!

      Delete